Friday, May 14, 2010

Link Love

Some of these posts are a week or two old (or more). Sorry I've been hoarding. :) Thought I would list them just in case you missed one or two. Plus, if I link to them, I can find them again when I need a reminder. 

Ever wonder what is in a publishing contract? Rachelle Gardner lays it out for us.

Suzanne Vincent reminds us how to be professional when selling ourselves and our story over at Slushpile Avalanche.

Carolyn Kaufman wrote an excellent post about how to view/handle critique on the Query Tracker blog.

Elana Johnson (funny how she is always in this list. If you don't follow her you really should!) posted Laura Rennart's tips on how to build your pitch on the Query Tracker blog.

Portia Sisco talks about finding the right writer's group.

KM Weiland had a great post about how to Write Skinny Sentences. It is a most excellent thing to read before you start revising.

A short story contest I forgot all about??? Head over to Lady Glamis for details.

I stumbled on this post about the Best Way for Writers to Build a Brand on Twitter. OMGoodness! You should sooo read it!

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the links! I've never heard of Slushpile Avalanche so I'll have to go check it out. :-) Elana has an awesome blog too.

    Thanks for stopping by this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some excellent links here. Will check some of them out:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Charity! I *love* blog posts with links :D Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've slotted in my schedule to spend time reading these links. I follow Elena, and K.W., and I did enter Lady Glams short story contest over at the Literary Lab. And looking forward to checking out the others too. Thanks Charity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the links :~) I'm off to look at the twitter one first because it sounds aces!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurray for link love! Thanks for sharing these.

    Have a great weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I love the links. Thanks so much. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for linking to my contest! And these other great links as well. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...