Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Children's Books that Didn't Make It

Thank you holiday traveling and NPR! During our 7 hour drive that turned into 9, we listened to Car Talk and this list had us in stitches. Proof that titles can make or break a deal with an agent. I don't suggest using any of these by the way. My favorites are in purple.

Children's Books that Didn't Make It


You Are Different and That's Bad

The Boy Who Died from Eating All His Vegetables

Fun Four-letter Words to Know and Share

Hammers, Screwdrivers and Scissors: An I-Can-Do-It Book

The Kids' Guide to Hitchhiking

Kathy Was So Bad Her Mom Stopped Loving Her (awful! but I laughed so hard)

Curious George and the High-Voltage Fence

All Cats Go to Hell

The Little Sissy Who Snitched


Some Kittens Can Fly

That's It, I'm Putting You Up for Adoption

Grandpa Gets a Casket (I know, I'm a horrible person, but there's an inside joke about a chicken casket and this reminded me of that.)

The Pop-Up Book of Human Anatomy

Strangers Have the Best Candy

Whining, Kicking and Crying to Get Your Way

You Were an Accident

Things Rich Kids Have, But You Never Will

Pop! Goes The Hamster… and Other Great Microwave Games

Ray Merriam

9 comments:

  1. These cracked me up! I love the one about what rich kids have. Hilarious!

    Jai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am I a sick, depraved person for laughing the hardest at the pop-up book of human anatomy? And second at Pop! goes the hamster? Perhaps I need a small intervention...

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the curious george one was funny until I hit the popping hamster. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my God, those are SO funny! My husband is going to love these. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!!! Oh my gosh. Those books are going to be AWESOME! hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Just dropping by to let you know there's an award for you over on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my word! I've got to listen to the radio more often. I love the gems we hear on NPR.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, I'm glad everyone enjoyed these as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...