Wednesday, July 21, 2010

My writing style?

Several of you have already posted your writing style. I finally gave in and put a section from SENDEK into the box on I Write Like. This is what came up.


I write like
Arthur C. Clarke
I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

Several months ago, I got the same result from a different site. This one thrills me the most.

And the yet to be named idea #2?


I write like
Arthur Conan Doyle
I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

Really? I mean REALLY?
And finally, unnamed idea #3


I write like
James Joyce
I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

I'm not sure if this one is good or bad since opinions vary so greatly. Personally I've managed to not read anything written by Joyce. (yes, some of you will want to slap me. Go ahead) Maybe I need to fix that. You know, just so I can see if I agree with this or not.

How is it possible to be so different with each different idea? Do you think it matters that I've worked on SENDEK for almost 2 years and the other two are still in first draft? Perhaps all the different names that popped up mean that I write like me. Yep. That's what I'm going with.

So, who do you write like?

9 comments:

  1. That was interesting. I got Chuck Palahniuk and David Foster Wallace.

    I'm completely jealous you got Doyle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got, and not necessarily in this order, David Foster Wallace, Kurt Vonnegut, James Joyce, and Dan Brown *cringe*. Could I have a more ridiculous selection of disjointed styles? I'm pretty sure the problem's not with me, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I'd love to be compared to James Joyce, hehe. I'll have to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh...I was told I write like J.K. Rowling. That is not very encouraging, since everyone thinks she is just a so-so writer. She did become famous though, so I guess there is that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dan Brown came up for me, too!! *waves to Alex*

    Thanks for the email, Charity. Hope you're day is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi there! thanks so much for stopping by, commenting and following! i tried this out after reading this post and apparently I write like Vladimir Nabokov. I don't know what to do with that information... :)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute site, says I write like Shakespeare...I don't, but I have lofty illusions...

    I'm in Durham...are you thinking about going to this? http://www.myscww.org/conference/

    ReplyDelete
  8. :) J. K. Rowling came up for me too, and I'm actually honored (though I don't know how honored I can be since this is just a program and not something 100% certain; but) to be compared even a bit with my favorite author is quite cool ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...