Friday, August 20, 2010

Huge Friday Follows List

I promised to clean out my starred google folder today, so hold onto your seats! There are tons of great ones. Many are from the awesome WriteOnCon last week (2 weeks?). Anyway, I didn't officially take part, or sign up for the forums since I was away at camp and I don't write YA. BUT...I read most of the posts since I follow all the girls who put the conference on. Let me tell you, they did an amazing job. And yes, I feel like a heal that I can't think of all their names and links at this moment. I'm typing this close to midnight, so just look at where the links take you. *sigh* sorry girls!

Before we get to the links, I want to give an update on the tattooed lifeguard situation. I asked him about the tatt and I think totally freaked him out. First, I assumed he had to at least be in college (I'm still hoping he is), but now fear he may be in high school. No one, and I mean NO ONE in my high school ever looked as...sculpted as this guy. Then again, I'm getting old and these are different times.

Anyway, turns out he drew the tatt himself (consider me even more impressed). I did not ask to take a picture of it, felt weird doing that, but I did ask if he would be willing to draw another one for me with the slight changes I made for my story. He said he would! I hope to have it posted sometime next week!

Now the links:
Your Blog Rules! by VR Barkowski is a wonderful reminder of how we should blog.

A writer's worst enemy by Laurel talks about resistance.

Ever wonder what to expect when you do get an agent and it comes time for The Revision Letter? Rachelle Gardner gives us a heads up.

Tawna Fenske lays it all on the line with her Query Stats. Intriguing stuff. Janet Reid even linked to it!

Can't afford to travel or pay for a conference? Maybe an online webinar is a place to start. Chuck Sambuchino is hosting How to Land a Literary Agent on August 26th. You can sign up for $99.99.

Jody Hedlund (yes, I love her, she is amazing!) gives us 8 Ways Writers Can Push Themselves To Grow. We can all improve, so here is a place to start.

The Do's and Don'ts of Querying on Shannon's site was part of WriteOnCon. Queries *shivers* we all have to do it.

Hilary Wagner talks about Ten things to consider AFTER your first book deal.

Another one from Guide to Literary Agents with the topic of Five simple things agents can do to make writer's lives easier (and 3 things writers should do regardless). This is all related to querying.

Surviving the Editorial Letter was covered on Rachelle Gardner's blog recently too. I loved the first part of the title for that one, "What do you mean my hero isn't sexy enough?"

Give Yourself Permission by editor Molly O'Neill is a post all writer's should read when those writer blahs hit you. It made me feel better about EVERYTHING! Part of WriteOnCon


Myths and Misconceptions is a must see clip (2 actually) from WriteOnCon. Have you wondered what agents and editors are REALLY thinking? Tune into this amazing Q&A session with literary agent Holly Root and editors Molly O’Neill and Martha Mihalick.

Writing a Query Letter has everything spelled out. Part of WriteOnCon.

Questions to ask yourself before a revision. Part of WriteOnCon. Wish I had this post a year ago.

The Revisions Process Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3. Part of WriteOnCon. See above. :)

Plot and Pacing Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3. Part of WriteOnCon.

QueryTracker.net had a great post on Why I (Jim Warner) call writing editing, and you should too.

Your dream has come true! You have an agent (maybe more than one) offering representation. What You Should Ask an Agent by Rachelle Gardner will help you find the right fit for you. And make you sound like you know something about the business.

Ok, I have not emptied my starred list, scary I know! But this is really long, so more next week!

5 comments:

  1. See, aren't you glad you asked him about the tattoo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link love, and wow do you have some amazing resources here! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all these links! Thanks!

    Jai

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for listing me this week, Charity! I appreciate the shout-out and cyber love! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...