Friday, September 17, 2010

Book Notes

I gave in. I have a nice list for books on hold at the library. Books that I wanted to win, but didn't all summer. Book money is still sparse, so it's off to the library for me!


I just finished Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater. Two words...LOVED IT! All I can say is, I can't wait until my turn with LingerForever doesn't come out until summer of 2011! I wish I had waited long enough to read all three at the same time.

That's what I did with the following. Below is the book and my number on the wait list at my local library.
By Suzanne Collins:(And yeah, I know. I'm an evil hold out, but all your talk convinced me to read the series. I hate feeling out of the loop.)

The Hunger Games (book)  162

The Hunger Games (CD--since I'd like to read book 1 before 2)     20

Catching Fire        59

Mockingjay      248

Linger      58

Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford   93
and
Soulless by Gail Carriger    3

6 comments:

  1. The only one I've read of those is Soulless. I hope you enjoy it; it's quite witty, and I enjoyed the interaction betweent the heroine and her romantic interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll admit that becoming a full-time writer (and not a full-time paid employee somewhere else)meant that I had to stop buying books for a while and start borrowing them. I feel bad not to be supporting the industry but I do try to recommend books I've borrowed to others, so there might be a sale for the author down the road. I'd be lost without my library!

    Thanks for the reminder to put Jamie Ford on the hold list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe to say it'll be a while before you read Mockingjay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read the first five and loved them all!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linger was good, but you may want to wait until you can read the third one soon after! And, of course, you'll love, love, love the Hunger Games Trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen Mockingjay everywhere I've gone this last couple of weeks.

    The library is my second home. Love it.

    Jai

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...