Tuesday, February 22, 2011

First Crusader Challenge

For my new followers, I'm always late to the game. :) But, I usually show up. Last Friday, Rachael posted the first challenge for the Crusaders.

The Challenge: In 300 words or less, tell us:

· one secret
· one lie
· one interesting quirk
· one annoying habit
· one of your best character traits, and
· one of your favorite things in the whole world.

The post can be in any format, but must include the random words, “bloviate,” “fuliguline,” “rabbit,” and “blade”.

NOTE: Rachael, I have not finished following everyone, so I don't qualify for the prize. I'm working on it though!

Ok, so, I was sitting in the doctor's office for my daughter's appointment wondering what approach to take with this challenge. I decided to write a rap song. And yes, I mean NO, I'll never change the music world with my mad rapping skills. Wrapping is more my style, but hey, the attempt made me laugh so I'll share with you anyway. And it weighs in under 200 words!

Just imagine an awesome rapper spewing these words fast and rhythmic.

I may look like the mom next door,
but look again and you won't be sure.
My blade is the pen, cause it's sharper than the sword.
Meek as a rabbit,
that's become my habit.
Eat and run,
my kind of fun.
My best trait isn't hard to figure,
I'm a great list-ner.
In life, many come to supplicate.
In my direction they bloviate,
and then don't reciprocate.
What's up with that?

---insert beat boxing bridge-----

Sittin' by the lake,
Tossin' crumbs to those in a fuliguline state,
My child fell in.
My heart beat like sin,
Until I pulled him out again.
Let the music flow through,
Comfort then soothe.
Excite my inner dream
To fill the room with my cellist steam.
Bow glides over the strings
While my heart and mind sings.
Yo-Yo Ma!
Reverberate and fade.
It'll all be okay.
If its a friend you seek,
Step up, then take a seat.
Your secrets safe with me, unless I talk in my sleep.

I may have revealed something about me that isn’t strictly true, can you guess what it is?

And now a little cello for you to enjoy.

I wanted to share THIS CLIP, but embedding was disabled.
This one is really good too.

10 comments:

  1. I wouldn't worry... not all of us were finished following before we posted! This was the hard part anyway! So... you're lie! I don't think eating and running is your kind of fun. It might be something you wind up doing, but fun? yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, love that cello. Are you a performer or just an appreciator? (Pst--yet another crusader here.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey happily cheesy! Nice to meet you. I would love to play the cello. I started taking lessons once but moved shortly afterward. When my kids are grown I'll give it another try.

    Stay tuned for the answers, coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! I hope you never really had a child fall in the lake like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha, this is great. I made sure I read it in a rap voice in my head. :-)

    I'm going with enjoying eating and running as the lie too. Or maybe that's your quirk, who knows!

    I'm a fellow new adult crusader - looking forward to getting to know you throughout the crusade. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi fellow crusader! Just stopping by to say hello! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not sure of the lie, I hope your child didn't fall in the lake.....great rap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone for stopping by. I'll post the answers on Friday.

    Cally, I'm glad you read it in a rap voice. I'm sure it sounded way better than if I actually tried to rap it. :) My southern drawl kind of slows me down.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello fellow crusader! I am a tad bit late, the whole house has been sick all week. So, I just thought I would pop in and just say Hi! :D

    that was a cool twist! just can't figure out the fib!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Charity

    Lovely to learn a little more about you .. rappin' style! Great fun.

    I don't see you as meek (as in timid) as a rabbit! so that's my guess. :)

    Congrats on the half marathon. I was reading about it the other day, but I don't remember commenting!

    :Dom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...