Monday, March 21, 2011

Let the Voting Begin!

Click here for my Show Me the Voice blogfest entry. I was gone all day yesterday, so I will be responding to the comments and returning the favor by commenting on the other entries today. Thanks to all the commentators so far!

I want to thank EVERYONE for participating in the Hone Your Skills Blogfest on Wednesday. This was the first blogfest that I co-hosted, and I think it was a great success. All the stories were fantastic, showed a diversity in styles and genres, and a love of writing. So THANK YOU to the writers, and THANK YOU to everyone else who visited the different stories to leave your comments.

As a part of the blogfest, Rosie and I are giving away a $20 gift card to Amazon for the top story among our participants.
 Rosie and I have chosen our top 5, and now YOU!! get to vote on your favorite. All you have to do is click on the links to the five stories we picked and then go to Rosie's blog to vote in the poll on her side bar.

Charity): Rosie, will you do the honors and announce our top five?

Rosie): Sure, but before announcing the top favorites, thus forcing you to scroll down through ample paragraphs of my own waxing philosophical, I will discuss the benefits and disadvantages of...

Charity): Psst.

Rosie): What?

Charity): Maybe you shouldn't make the people wait.

Rosie): It's really important.

Charity): Watch your adverbs.

Rosie): *sigh* Right. Okay...

Rosie and Charity's Top Five Picks from the HONE YOUR SKILLS Blogfest, in no particular order:

"Reasons" by Cleveland Dietz II

"Never Hit a Woman" by Margo Kelly

"Untitled" by Teralyn Rose Pilgrim

"Esperanza" from Pawny's Pen

"Driving Me Crazy" by Jane Isfeld-Still

Make sure to vote for your favorite on Rosie's side bar. Voting will run through NOW! until 11:59PM on Thursday, US east-coast time. We will post the official winner on Friday

Thanks again to everyone, and be sure to vote!

9 comments:

  1. Okay, I have 22 followers; you have 378.

    Clearly, you are better at this than I am.

    Blogfest? I have some investigating to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck everyone. Looks like some well deserved entries :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly, I sent you a long email with some ideas how to increase your followers. It takes time and is more work than I thought, but totally worth it because of the friends you make.

    Thanks Madeleine. Everyone did a fantastic job, especially since most of us don't feel comfortable with short/flash fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'll stop and read those now. Even though I have practically no time. XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to the top five. Sounds like a great blogfest. :) Charity, I'm a follower now. I'll check back to see who wins. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved your comment on mutt's blog. Congrats to the top five.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, Charity. I'm back with an award for you. ^^ http://brookerbusse.blogspot.com/2011/03/madeline-alberta-are-lovely-and-so-am-i.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone for visiting their blogs and commenting. I hope you got a chance to vote.

    Hi Ciara, nice to meet you.

    Michael you have made my day the last few days with your kind comments. Thank YOU!

    Thanks Brooke! I added your name to the links on my award page.

    Congratulations Margo! Spread the word and get those voters to Rosie's blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...