Friday, January 6, 2012

It's A Baby Shower!



No, not for me silly. For Elizabeth Poole.

This awesome blogger is expecting her first child around Valentine's Day, and I just had to do something. We've been blogger buddies for, I don't know how long, but it seems like she's always been there encouraging me. Or listening to me whine. The Birth of a Novel Blog Chain was also her brain child. Just thought you should know.

I know it's kind of weird, but I thought I'd throw an internet Baby Shower for her. Many of you do know her. And some of you might have thought "It would sure be nice to be able to send Elizabeth a baby gift."

Well, I thought it.

Anyway...

An internet shower is the best kind. You get to send lovely gifts to the mother-to-be without having to play all those embarrassing games. Unfortunately, we don't get to have cake.

I'll really have to think on that issue. 

Elizabeth is registered at Babies "R" Us. All you have to do is follow the link and do the following:
Select search by "registrant".
Last Name: Poole
First Name: Elizabeth
City: Fayetteville
State: GA

You can then browse the items she has selected and have it sent straight to her door. Here's the hitch, her last baby shower is on January 14th. That's next Saturday. After that, she and her hubby are going to go and buy the last items on her list. So, go take a looksie and pick a gift.

Buy it and make sure you choose:
Ship directly to Elizabeth Poole
Her address is there, but hidden for privacy.

I might be crazy, but when I was discussing this idea with my hubby I knew I had to do it. He said no one would send a stranger a gift. My reply was that we have contests and giveaways all the time and he just didn't understand the blogger bonding.

He might be right, but hey, people send money to complete strangers all the time just because they ask for it on YouTube. At least I talk to Elizabeth weekly if not daily. And she's having a baby. What's a few burp cloths and bottles between bloggers?

If you know Elizabeth and would like to spread the circle of this shower, grab the button below and link to this post.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the thought Charity. It really touches me how awesome the blogging community really is. :D *big hug*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! An internet baby shower. I'll go check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a nice idea, especially since it's minus the games.

    Congrats to Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fantastic way to handle this, thanks for the great idea Charity.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...