In the last few months, three people have given me the Versatile Blogger Award (yeah, ironic since I can't think of things to write about)-Elizabeth Poole, Yadin Bromberg, and Cally Jackson. I added each of them to my awards page, but didn't post a new 7 things about me. Here is the ORIGINAL 7 things from the first time I did this in 2010.
- I still dream about the end of the world on a regular basis. It no longer creeps me out because I can use bits and pieces of the dreams for the stories I write. Let's just hope my dreams don't turn out to be prophetic like Talia's.
- I'm almost forty, but I forget that all the time. Perhaps its because I hang out with teenagers every day of the week? Whatever the reason, I'm still seventeen in my head. This causes problems when I think I can do something and then my body reminds me I'm getting older. This is why I've started running again.
- I've completed 5 half marathons over the last four years. Then I stopped running and gained 20lbs. I DO NOT recommend you try this. Each run now feels like I have 10lbs weights tied to my ankles. It hurts, its hard, and I don't want to do it. But the only way I'm going to lose the weight and have more energy it to run. Plus, since I started running again two weeks ago, I've been able to write new stuff. It clears my head for me. :)
- Yesterday I went to the eye doctor and learned my eyes are still good. Except for night time. The weird part about that is that I was disappointed. I wanted an excuse to get contacts. The plan is I'm getting violet contacts closer to book release time. How cool would it be to wear them to any book signings??? (See totally think like a 17 year old!)
- I'm still head over heals in love with my husband. We met when we were twelve and finally married after knowing each other for ten years (we had to grow up and he wanted to serve a mission for our church). It's been almost 16 years since then and he's still my best friend. When we get busy with "work" or our church activity, he's the person I miss the most. If I were to be stranded on a desert island and could only take one thing--it would be him. :)
- My religion is more of an every day life style than just a Sunday thing. Hopefully this is true for most people, but sometimes I wish it wasn't. I love my church, but it keeps me as busy as my kids. This leaves little time for my selfish writing desires.
- And # 7: This song has been stuck in my head for the last two weeks straight.
And for passing it along, here are my last seven new followers:
Michelle Ann King
Jess--How do I find you?
Encourage One Another