Wednesday, April 24, 2013

U is for Universe


The Universe is commonly defined as the totality of existence, including planets, stars, galaxies, the contents of intergalactic space, and all matter and energy.

One of the reasons that I love science fiction is that you get to play in the universe. All of it. Sendek takes up just an infinitesimally small piece of space. But it's my piece of space to do anything I want with. I've always been of the opinion that we are not alone in the universe. It's too big to be empty and for us to be a fluke.

Today I'm just going to share cool pictures from space to show how beautiful and weird our universe is. All photos are from HubbleSite--I do not own them.
If you came into possession of a FTL (faster than light) space craft, would you go exploring?

I would in a heart beat.

8 comments:

  1. Sci-fi is the universe. Oooooh, I'm such a dork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing that those are photos.
    That's what I like about it as well. The Cassan universe is mine and anything can happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my safe place in a way. No matter what goes wrong, I can eventually solve it. I bet it's the same way with your universe.

      Delete
  3. I think the same thing: there is no way we can be alone in the vast universe. Being the only life forms seems like such a limited notion to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the same thing: there is no way we can be alone in the vast universe. Being the only life forms seems like such a limited notion to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are such beautiful photos. I don't think I'm brave enough to go exploring if I came into possession of an FTL, but I have a nephew that would be way bonkers to give it a go. I'd be the best Aunt e-ver!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know if I'd be brave enough to go exploring, but I'd like to think I would.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...