Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Get Healthy Blogfest


Stephen Tremp, L. Diane Wolfe, Michael Di Gesu, and Alex Cavanaugh have teamed up for a Blog Hop that focuses on health. This is an issue with many bloggers who have expressed gaining weight over the holidays and other negative health issues that they are dealing with. Here is a Blog Hop that can help us make 2013 a year that we can help turn the tides!

The Objective: Share with everyone something you have done that affected your health in a positive way. You can share an awesome low cal low fat tasty recipe. Post simple tips to lose weight. Or a testimony on what has helped like joining Weight Watchers. Recommend a routine like P90X or Insanity. Or stretches one can do while sitting in their office chair working or writing. We’re sure people have countless great tips and ideas they would love to share.

Now, I usually avoid recommendations of anything that would cost my readers money (other than books!), but the thing that has finally helped me lose weight did require some money on my part. More than I'd like to mention...

So, a bit of history. Short and to the point--I love food. A lot.

This makes it hard to stay healthy and I've struggled with weight and the blah feelings of not being in as good of shape as I was in high school--before I became addicted to food.

On May 7th of this year, hubby and I went in and signed up at the local Metabolic Research Center. My official weigh in was 177 lbs. That's not pregnant! *sigh*

As of yesterday, May 28th, my weight is 168 lbs! They also took my measurements again yesterday. I've lost 9.5 inches total body, and lowered my percent body fat by 1.5%.

You can't argue with results! The best part is that I'm shopping at the local grocery store, buying healthy foods that my entire family can eat with me, and eating so much that I'm never hungry.

Here comes the sharing part. I'm going to show you what my day looks like as food.

Breakfast:
Protein drink, 4 oz low-fat cottage cheese, 1/2 cup blackberries

Lunch:
Protein drink, 8 oz salad (romaine, spinach, cabbage, ice berg, celery, bell peppers, tomatoes, cucumber) with 2 tsp. Olive Garden salad dressing (and yes, this is a cheat), 4 oz of meat--tuna is pictured here, 1/2 whole wheat sandwich round with 0 calorie spray butter (not pictured because I forgot to make and eat it!)

Snack:
Protein drink, melba toast and gruyere cheese

Dinner:
4 oz chicken breast, 4 oz asparagus, 1 cup watermelon

Late night snack before bed:
Chocolate pudding (This is one of their protein supplements and tasted like chocolate chalk the first few times, but I've gotten used to it.)

36 comments:

  1. Great meal plan and congrats on the weight loss. I want to drop to 160 by the end of this year which would mean a ten pound loss. Best of luck to you getting healthier as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can do it! Just eating healthier and walking every night has helped me. This is something I know I can keep up even after we reach the end of this 3 month program. That's another thing I like about it.

      Delete
  2. A wonderful enticement to get healthy, those pics are awesome.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it's working for you, that's great! Those meals look very healthy.
    Thanks for participating in our bloghop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As always, thank you for hosting something fun and easy to participate in. ;)

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you are doing a good job. Good for you Charity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Carolyn and Yvonne! The food has been good because it is all fresh veggies and fruits. We also bought a smoker so we can change the meat up sometime. I'll let you know how that goes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. High protein, moderate fat and low sugar is a great diet to follow. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Who knew eating healthy could actually taste good? ;)

      Delete
  7. Congratulations AND your meals look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! I'm learning some new spice combinations to change things up.

      Delete
  8. Great job! You're going about it right, having hubby as support is really key!

    Good luck, and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMGoodness, yes! Having hubby do it with me is probably the only reason we've kept at it. Plus we tend to get a bit competitive with each other about who can lose the most weight. Right now we're tied!

      Delete
  9. CONGRATS on your weight loss and inches removed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the weight loss! I think I felt a pang of hunger looking at the pics, they look healthy and delicious :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, me too. Guess it's time for lunch.

      Delete
  11. Great job on the weight loss! That's really awesome. Your food looks yummy too. I tend to eat very healthy foods - but portion control is where I get weak. Thanks for the visual reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We actually bought a digital scale and now we weigh everything. AND we don't put the food on the table. That's helped a lot. Make the plate at the counter and then sit down to eat.

      Delete
  12. Good for you. Sticking to a meal plan is hard work!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent!!! Your food pics look absolutely delish!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done. That dinner looks delish.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Johanna, Susan and Dawn, Thanks! It's been fun trying new veggies and getting more fruit in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  16. CONGRATS CHARITY.... THAT IS AWESOME!

    I had to laugh at the chocolate chalk... it's amazing what we get used to for a sweet... right? LOL. Eventually you will be able to have the real thing on occasion.

    I find that BAKING my own goodies with organic ingredients really is the way to go. No chemicals and ALWAYS cut the sugar in half for a recipe. It's amazing you won't gain an once.

    Drop me a line if you'd like more info or recipes...

    KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK and THANKS for sharing your day with us. Everything looked YUMMY ...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Woohoo! Good for you Charity! Dinner sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations, that is so good :) And that meal plan looks quite filling - although I'm not sure about mixing cottage cheese and blackberries - sounds a really strange mix!
    Suzanne @ Suzannes Tribe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer oranges with the cottage cheese, but I'm supposed to "mix it up" and hadn't had blackberries in a few days. ;) I ate the berries and then the cottage cheese.

      Delete
  19. Woohoo! Metabolism is tricky business. Your pics are making me hungry, btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is, but I'm learning more about myself on this journey and that's a good thing.

      Delete
  20. Congrats! I wish I could stick to a diet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the only reason I'm able to stick to this one is because my hubby is doing it with me, I have to report in twice a week, and its more of a lifestyle change than a diet.

      Delete
  21. Well done. I was excited about the chocolate pudding until I read the description.

    Visiting today from the blogfest
    Rhonda @Laugh-Quotes.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. The salad looks good, though I'd probably use less tuna.
    Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. insanity is named insanity for a reason!

    and i love the healthy food choices! i wish processed food would go away... but no one wants that all the time...
    congrats on your awesome progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! That's amazing that you've lost so much! And those look like healthy delicious meals!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...