Wednesday, June 12, 2013

It's Inevitable I Need a Writing Cave

I'm starting to understand why so many writers retreat to their "cave" while trying to finish their first draft. Writing is still evading me and now it's keeping me up at night. I really need to sit down and just get it done.

In other news, Tamara Hart Heiner's book Inevitable is free for the kindle the next 4 days!

Blurb--
Visions of death plague Jayne, who thinks watching her boyfriend die is the worst that could happen to her. But when she witnesses a murder, Jayne finds herself caught up in a dangerous world of intrigue and suspense.

As it turns out, she is not the only one doing the stalking. The killer is on to her, and all of her visions of the dying don't reveal how her life will end. Somehow, she must stop the murderer before he arranges Jayne's own inevitable death.


Quick Review--
This is Tamara's third book, but the first one that I've read. I planned on saving it for the poolside, but didn't make it that far. Let me tell you, I'll never feel the same about the smell of lemons ever again. Jayne has a gift, or is it a curse? Sometimes she will get a whiff of lemon coming off a person and if she looks into their eyes she will see their death. Because of this she avoids eye contact a lot.

Heiner does a great job creating believable characters that you grow to care about. It was easy to get lost in her world. This was a quick and riveting read. My favorite part? I wasn't sure who the bad guy was until the end.

There is series potential with this one even though every thing is wrapped up nicely.

I give Inevitable a 5 because I would love to read more about Jayne's adventures with this talent she has.

1-5 scale and what it means:
1: I couldn’t even finish it / just plain bad
2: I hope I didn’t pay for this / disappointing
3:  I didn’t hate it, but it was still missing something / forgettable but inoffensive
3.5: On the line between good and ok / like, not love
4: Solid mind candy / worth reading
4.5: So very close to perfection! / must read
5: I could not put it down and I’m still thinking about it! / a true treasure

19 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of writing in coffee shops because they get me away from all my to-do lists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love writing at the library. My kids would go to a class and I'd have 30 minutes all to myself.

      Delete
  2. Grabbed my free copy. This book seems like a great read if what you're saying is true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps you should stop beating yourself up about not writing. You moved! You'll get back to it. I have faith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're probably right, but the pressure is there. And it's not just from family and friends. It's my dream and I feel like I should be in control, but I'm not. *sigh* Soon, I will be soon.

      Delete
  4. Between "free" and the review I couldn't resist the "purchase".

    .......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you find a writing cave, can I borrow it sometime? That would be great, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I'll start hosting my own writer's retreat!

      Delete
    2. Count me in:) I'm thinking I may cut out early and go to Kiki berri at 6 or like noon. I could handle an afternoon of no kids, frozen yogurt, and a laptop.

      Delete
    3. Wish I could come early! BUT both boys are going for a play date in a few minutes which means I have the house all to myself with no noise!! So excited!

      Delete
  6. I need a writing cave too. But I'd settle for an office and a babysitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily my kids are old enough I can tell them to go upstairs and let me write. Unfortunately, my teens are the loudest ones in the house no matter what mood they are in. All I want is quiet. And I should probably turn off the internet...

      Delete
  7. Ooh, I'd love a real writing cave - that would be divine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure would. Nice and cool, dark when you need to "sleep on it". *sigh*

      Delete
  8. I love your 1-5 scale. I'm gonna have to steal it!
    With a smile and a thank you of course. Oh, and I'll leave you a copy fine let's say it's long term dual usage for the both of us.


    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And gladly take the scale! I stole it from someone else and then made a few tweaks to fit my thoughts better and try to match it up to goodread's and amazon's scale. It's not perfect, but it works for my purposes. :)

      Delete
  9. Rats! I blogged a week late and missed the free version. Sounds like an intriguing read! That's cool you weren't sure who the bad guy was til the end! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...