Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yep. Today is my birthday. 
You'd think that at this age I could lose this sign...

But I guess if I did that I'd be dead. Right?

The years go by and yet my mind still feels young. I think I can do everything...until my body reminds me I can't. This year for my birthday I'm giving myself two gifts.

  1. I signed up for a 5k on September 7th. My goal is to finish in 30 minutes. I've never done that, but with my current weight loss and healthier eating habits I know I can do it. My last training run was 32 minutes and I still stopped to walk. I know I can do this!
  2. I signed up for the LDStorymakers Midwest Writer's Convention on Sept 21st. I'm really excited about this one! It's only one day and a great price. This means I get to do something to help my writing progress without too much $$ or time away from my family. 

10 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Charity!! You can do that 5k - you know it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex! I'm feeling really good about it. It's nice to be getting healthier as I get older. :)

      Delete
  2. You can do it!! Happy birthday!! Go Charity!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday. I hope it's filled with ice cream cake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, Charity! I've only managed to do 5km in 30 minutes a couple of times in my life when I was much fitter than I am now! Best of luck achieving your goal - go hard! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :) Good luck with the 5k! I know you can definitely do the 30 min. Easy peesy lemon squeesy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! I've never heard of that convention, but I hope it's great.

    Shaving 2 minutes off your time? You can do it! 5k's are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck on the run and cool you're going to a convention! Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...