Saturday, January 11, 2014

Trying to Come Back and a Book Thief Review

I really am trying to get back into blogging 3 times a week, but Mother Nature keeps closing down the schools here. Hopefully next week my children will get a full week of education and I'll get a full week of quiet.

My brain works better when I get regular doses of peace and quiet. Doesn't yours?

Anyway, here are some random tidbits for the day.

I have a guest post up at Story Surgeon General. This is Ryan Hancock's blog where he is trying to provide parents with information about the books their children may want to read.

I really like this idea. Most of you know that I read a wide variety of books, and often they include things that I might not want my kids to read...yet. Although I'm against banning books of any sort, I do believe that certain things have an age appropriate timeline. A book might not be appropriate for my 11 year old, but perfectly fine for my 16 year old. (Good grief now I feel old!)

Moving on...

I've decided that my house still feels incomplete. Our designing attempts are going in the right direction, but we are still short of that comfortable homey feeling I want. So, I've been wandering furniture stores and creating a pinterest board of the things I like. Eventually, I'll make a plan and start purchasing. When I'm all done I'll show some before and after pics. My favorite find of this week?
This Dragon Table. Isn't it simply amazing!

I also got a hair cut last week. So far it's okay. Still haven't quite got the hang of fixing it, but I'll get there. 

And last, but not least. Here's a video to show you how cold it was at the beginning of the week. This is after they came inside from a very brisk and quick potty break. Chewy wanted to enjoy the heat and Rosie just wanted to play.


11 comments:

  1. Go away - I just want to bask in the heat.
    Your hair looks nice!
    Dragon table - very cool.
    Schools were delayed here due to the cold, which was stupid. The difference two hours made to the temperature? About two degrees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I agree on the weather/school correlation. We had below 0 wind chills so they canceled 3 out of 5 days last week. We are back in the 30s and 40s now so *fingers crossed* we will be good to go next week.

      And thanks on the rest!

      Delete
  2. So sorry you guys got hit with that awful winter weather. I hope it warms up soon.

    Love the hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love peace and quiet - as long as the stereo is blasting :) Perhaps I shouldn't tell you I was walking around without a jacket this afternoon?

    .....dhole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, your dogs are adorable. I had a dog named Chewy once. We got him from a shelter. But then he pulled a turkey off the counter and destroyed it. (My mom made me give him back.) Thanks for telling about Story Surgeon. I just posted that promo video that made you smile. :) Only four more days! I'm getting nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Liz, we're back up in the 60s today! What a freaky weird cold front. Now everyone is walking around with colds because of the huge temperature changes from the week.

    @Donna, now that I'm done drafting my music will be back on as well. I found that I couldn't concentrate with it while drafting. Probably because I'm not smart enough to stick to just instrumental stuff. :)

    @Ryan, thanks! We thought he looked like a little Ewok when we bought him but there aren't any cool Ewok names. So we went with Chewy. When he was little and always in trouble, my daughter called him El Chupacabra.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dogs are very cute! Thanks for sharing the vid. I like your hair, and that dragon table is awesome! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ps did I miss the review part of this post? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Book Thief review is on the Story Surgeon General Blog. Just click on the link above.

      Delete
  8. Aww, cute doggies. :)

    Your hair looks great! and I wish it was cold here. I really, really do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your haircut, and love that table!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...