Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Release Week for Archetype by M.D. Waters with an Interview

If you are looking for my IWSG post, you can find it HERE or just scroll down one post.

I'm so excited to have Misty Waters here today. Several month ago I was privileged to get a sneak peak read at her novel Archetype. It was amazing! You can read my review of it HERE.

And now...on to the interview!

When and Why did you begin writing?
I began writing for fun, honestly. Wasn’t really sure it would go anywhere. I guess in the back of my mind I hoped it would, but wasn’t holding my breath because I didn’t have a single clue what I was doing.
I think this is how a lot of us started. Isn't it great to be doing what you enjoy?

Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
It depends on the day. I have all the same challenges as before, I think. It’s weird for me to say I’m published because I still feel new and untested. I have plotting challenges, and showing challenges, and character challenges. All the same things. They never go away. I’ve just learned to deal with them better.
That's hopeful!

What was the hardest part of writing your book?
Keeping all the information straight. I knew everything, but Emma knew nothing, and I’d only feed her a little bit at a time. And everyone’s motivations depended on her reactions and what she knew. It was insanely difficult to keep straight.
I think you did a great job with this by the way. Everything was so believable that even now I keep waiting to see news of Emma...wait, that would be a spoiler...next question!

Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
I learned that I’m capable of some really messed up stories. Ha!
Messed up? Maybe. Heartwrenching? Definitely!

Do you have any advice for other writers?
Get on social media, but don’t just get on it. Be active on it, and be human on it. Don’t just be an RTing bot. Make friends. Also, the web is full of budget-friendly workshops. Take 1 a month! savvyauthors.com was my home for a good year or more.
Great advice! I'd add that you choose what works for you and specialize instead of trying to do them all half way. 

Do you ever experience writer's block?
Without question. All the time. ALL the time.
High five!

Do you write an outline before you write?
I didn’t used to, but now I plot everything down to the very scene. That said, if I don’t like the direction as I’m writing it, I allow myself the freedom to stray. The story needs to breathe in order to be good. If it doesn’t have a life of it’s own, it’ll be dull, and that will show in the final product.

Have you ever hated something you wrote?
I hate things I write more than I love them. And after editing, I hate all the things I once loved. But after time passes, and I haven’t had to read it for a while, I love what I loved, and I love what I hated.
Isn't this process amazing and mind boggling at the same time?

Name one person that you feel supported you outside of family members.
I can’t name just one. Charissa Weaks, Jodi Henry, and Tracy Buscemi were there from the very beginning and held me up to the very end. I’ve since added Christina Elle, Mary Cain, Melinda Collins, and an entire crew at Maryland Romance Writers to that list. They’re always there for me no matter what.

I'm so glad you could join us today Misty! The book is AMAZING and will be available tomorrow!

Blurb:

Introducing a breathtakingly inventive futuristic suspense novel about one woman who rebels against everything she is told to believe.

Emma wakes in a hospital, with no memory of what came before. Her husband, Declan, a powerful, seductive man, provides her with new memories, but her dreams contradict his stories showing her a past life she can’t believe possible: memories of war, of a camp where girls are trained to be wives, of love for another man. Something inside her tells her not to speak of this but she does not know why. She only knows she is at war with herself.

Suppressing those dreams during her daylight hours, Emma lets Declan mold her into a happily married woman, and begins to fall in love with him. But the day Noah stands before her, the line between her reality and dreams shatters.

In a future where women are a rare commodity, Emma fights for freedom but is held captive by the love of two men—one her husband, the other her worst enemy. If only she could remember which is which…


Links:
Website
Twitter
Facebook
Goodreads
Amazon

4 comments:

  1. Now that sounds like an intriguing tale! Great interview, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was phenomenal! Highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember this book on your blog. Still on my TBR, awesome that you interviewed the author Charity. Hi Misty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview. Writing is weird, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...