Monday, April 7, 2014

Doctor Who--F is for Fantastic!


Welcome to the A to Z blogging challenge! My theme is Doctor Who because its the topic my kids voted we do together. We're sticking with people, places, creatures, and episodes from the newer series starting with Christopher Eccleston's (#9) simply because we haven't watched all the Classics...yet.

You can find the list of other participants HERE. I'm #155.

Sorry, had to label the post with one of Number 9's catch phrases. I loved it every time he said, "Fantastic!" Ten says it a few times, but I think of it as Nine's phrase.


Flesh and Stone--The fifth episode of the fifth series Doctor Who. We (my kids and I) love it because it's got River Song in it and is part of the story about the crack in the wall. It was the second of a two-part story that began with "The Time of Angels". Amy's got something in her eye. It's the image of a Weeping Angel (W Day!) and it will kill her if she opens her eyes.


The Doctor's companions often find themselves in danger. Would you travel with him knowing it could be the death of you?

13 comments:

  1. Fellow Whovian! Love your posts. I'd like to think I'd be brave enough to take a chance and travel with the Doctor. It would be a once in a lifetime adventure. *ponders* Yes, I'd take the Doctor's hand if he asked me. Looking forward to seeing more of your posts on Doctor Who.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em, no no more how fantastic the ride may be, I will not travel with Dr Who :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Probably not, although I love to travel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm - that's a tricky question. I'm pretty risk averse in life generally but would I pass by this opportunity. If it were Christopher Eccleston I might say No, but if it were David Tennant the answer would probably be yes. I think that tells you all you need to know about me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did love Eccleston, but the sort of romance between him and Rose was kind of creepy...Tennant at least was a better match for her and their relationship progressed the way I wanted it to (eventually...even if we had to go through two other companions to finish them off - can you tell that's a sore spot with me?).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not brave enough to travel with the doctor. It takes all my courage to travel with my hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES! without even considering it, I've already asked myself that question so haha easy one for me :) if the Dr asks me to be his companion well I'll just rush into the TARDIS.
    I love the word Fantastic, I used to say it a lot in the past. And Flesh and Stone was a fantastic episode and story :P really it was tense and entreating.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christopher Ecclestone's role in saving Doctor Who is sometimes overlooked. As much as I love David Tennant's acting, he wouldn't have had a chance to do it if CE's Doctor had been a failure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rory had a great quote about traveling with the Doctor, but at the moment it escapes me. I bet as soon as I hit "publish" it'll come back to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I loved Flesh & Stone! That was such a good episode. Amelia Pound and the Doctor at their best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Depends on the situation. That Weeping Angel is deadly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd travel with him if I was going to get the chance to meet some of his companions, plus of course I'd have to insist on having a few years knocked of my own age to keep everything all above board. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...