Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Doctor Who--G is for Geronimo!


Welcome to the A to Z blogging challenge! My theme is Doctor Who because its the topic my kids voted we do together. We're sticking with people, places, creatures, and episodes from the newer series starting with Christopher Eccleston's (#9) simply because we haven't watched all the Classics...yet.

You can find the list of other participants HERE. I'm #155.

Geronimo is Number Eleven's phrase. Sadly there is no youtube video dedicated to him saying "Geronimo". There's some song, but meh. So, I'll share this with you instead.


Galifrey--The homeworld of the Time Lords. It was thought to have been destroyed in the Last Great Time War, but in The Time of the Doctor we learned it was saved in a "pocket universe" as a means of protection.







Gangers--shortened from "Doppelgängers", they were a clone race created by humans from an artificially created organic substance called the Flesh. They were supposed to be a safe way workers could perform dangerous tasks. If you died, you just started with a new Ganger the next day. But the Gangers wanted something more.

We first learned about them in the TV episodes--The Rebel Flesh/The Almost People. Later, we learn that Amy has been a Ganger for several episodes, while she was in fact kidnapped and waiting to have her baby.

What would you save in a pocket universe?

15 comments:

  1. you have gave me spoilers! I didn't watch that Ganger one...:( now I'm mad! just kidding. I can't believe nobody thought of documenting Eleven's geronimo, that's outrageous. I would probably keep my novels, books and research files in the pocket universe, if I lose those I'll die. along with Earth of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaahhh! Sorry about the spoilers without a warning. Very sorry indeed.

      Love what you would keep in your pocket universe though.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure what I would save in a pocket universe--my library? Maybe that's where all the missing episodes of classic Who are--a pocket universe somewhere... :)

    From one Whovian to another: great theme! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Maybe that IS where they are. Makes sense. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Gangers sound interesting. I take it they wanted to be their own people?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! And rightly so, I might add. Luckily the Doctor was there to help both sides find their way to understanding. There were some really heartbreaking scenes in the final part of this one.

      Delete
  5. Great theme for this year's A to Z. I've been remiss in keeping up with the Doctor and I need to correct that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'd want a place to escape--in a pocket universe. Imagine, creating your fictional worlds and having them actually exist somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Matt Smith and Geronimo -- love it. I will miss hearing him say that :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never watched Doctor Who . . . sorry. :( In a pocket universe I would save all of my notebooks that I write in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm, what would I save? My laptop? Is that too superficial?

    When do you head to LDS Storymakers? Is that coming up soon?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't people know by now that clones, gangers....anything you create to serve you if intelligent enough will want to replace you (or at least get better jobs). Hire someone instead! Galifrey looks a little worse for wear.

    ReplyDelete
  11. In a pocket universe I'd keep all the people I've known that I would truly refer to as a friend. I could get them into a pocket universe easily, but I've been thinking ... maybe that's where the Daleks are coming from ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was looking forward to G for "A Good Man Goes to War".

    Love your blog!

    --
    Timothy S. Brannan
    The Other Side, April Blog Challenge: The A to Z of Witches

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...