Friday, April 11, 2014

Doctor Who--J is for Jack and Jagrafess


Welcome to the A to Z blogging challenge! My theme is Doctor Who because its the topic my kids voted we do together. We're sticking with people, places, creatures, and episodes from the newer series starting with Christopher Eccleston's (#9) simply because we haven't watched all the Classics...yet.

You can find the list of other participants HERE. I'm #149.

Captain Jack Harkness--Oh, what to say, what to say? You've already met Jack when we talked about the Face of Boe. He's another of my favorite characters that crossed through Nine and Tens lives. Jack even got his own spin off show Torchwood (another excellent show). Anyway, we all love Jack for the same reason. He smiles, says hello, and well, what else can you do but fall in love.





The Mighty Jagrafess--The Jagrafess was a gigantic, gelatinous creature similar to a slug in shape. It was sentient and able to communicate in a series of growls and screeches. It had a life span of about three thousand years, with sharp, vicious teeth and several vestigial eyes. (from TARDIS wiki) It lived on Satellite Five controlling the progress of humanity starting in the year 199,909 until the Doctor discovered it and put an end to it in 200,000. It would be a bit longer before the Doctor learned that the Jagrafess had in fact been a pawn in the Dalek's long game.

Would you flirt with Captain Jack?

11 comments:

  1. Did he kill the Jagrafess with a giant salt shaker?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Nope, he turned up the heat until it exploded.

      Delete
  2. I saw that episode! I do like his character and would totally flirt with him, as long as he didn't touch me. I'm kind stand-offish about flirtatious touching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I like non-touchy flirting too, unless it's with my hubby. He'd better be touchy!

      Delete
  3. I'm sure Captain Jack Harkness would flirt with just about anyone, or thing.
    The episode that the Jagrafess was in had Simon Pegg in it as the Editor. It was kinda strange seeing him as a baddie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would only flirt with Captain Jack if he promised to get me a date with Clara or Rose. LOL
    I'm pleased I finally got to go through, read and comment on all this wonderful topic. Keep up the good work. I'll have to get working on my collection of portraits now, and I reckon I'll also have to draw the companions too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I'd have a choice not to flirt with Captain Jack. ;)

    ~Patricia Lynne~
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, YA Author

    ReplyDelete
  6. Captain Jack. Sigh.

    Did you see the Starz' Torchwood? What was that one called? Miracle Day! That was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stopping by to say Hi from the A-Z list and good luck with the rest of the challenge.

    Fantastic theme! Love it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved Captain Jack, I wish he would come back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously. Who doesn't love Captain Jack!

    --
    Timothy S. Brannan
    The Other Side, April Blog Challenge: The A to Z of Witches

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...