Saturday, April 12, 2014

Doctor Who--K is for Kissing


Welcome to the A to Z blogging challenge! My theme is Doctor Who because its the topic my kids voted we do together. We're sticking with people, places, creatures, and episodes from the newer series starting with Christopher Eccleston's (#9) simply because we haven't watched all the Classics...yet.

You can find the list of other participants HERE. I'm #149.

Kissing--There's lots of great kissing scenes in Doctor Who. Enjoy!


Madame Kovarian--She's one of those bad guys you love to hate. Deliciously devious. Even though we never fully understand why she decides it's her job, she works with the Silence to kill the Doctor so he never "destroys the universe". She wore an "eye-drive" that allowed her to remember her interactions with the Silence.

She's responsible for kidnapping Amy Pond in order to steal her baby.

Kahler-Tek--This cyborg presented one of the saddest stories in the Whoverse. He volunteered as a subject for experiments to create a weapon to help end the war on his home planet. They put an end to the war in a week, but then Kahler-Tek was damaged and refused to shut himself down when ordered to. He began hunting down the scientists who experimented on him and ended up on Earth in the old West. The Doctor helped him find a purpose once again.




What's your favorite Doctor Who kiss and why?

14 comments:

  1. No one is kissing Madame Kovarian, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always amazed that no one has any broken teeth because of all the yanking and shoving. Guess that shows my romantic side, huh? Good post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not all of them were romantic in the least. The only ones I felt earned that status were between the Doctor and Rose and then with River. I enjoyed the Rose bit, but it was River's story that I fell in love with.

      Delete
  3. I don't think I have any favorite kissing scenes from Doctor Who. There were some amusing ones though.

    ~Patricia Lynne~
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, YA Author

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the River Song kisses.wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff! My favourite was his first with her, which was her last with him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that's what we all need. An eye-patch so we remember the Silence. (Those guys still give me the creeps. Oh, did you hear about that great practical joke. While someone is asleep, you put hash marks on their body. But they have to be Whovians to get it.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to admit that, as much as I'm a big fan, I've never paid too much attention to the kissing, but Rose sticks out in my mind as memorable. It was right at the end of the episode if I remember, which helped create poignancy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is quite a bit of kissing, isn't there? And a few marriages to historical celebrities... I haven't watched enough to recall any specific kissing scene, but I do recall the episode where he was married to Queen Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm, I don't have any favorite kissing scenes from Dr. Who, in fact, never quite paid much attention to it, until now. heh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I did enjoy the River and Doctor kiss. That was an interesting couple :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Geez, these dudes get a lot of action! I don't remember that from the 80s Dr Who :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Best kiss ever is the outtake scene from Journey's End with ten and Rose! I can't for the life of me figure out why they didn't use that take instead of the one they did! That is the biggest Who moment ever for me when Rose finally got her doctor (even if it wasn't "the" doctor).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some of the kisses grosssed me out :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...