Monday, April 14, 2014

Doctor Who--L is for The Library


Welcome to the A to Z blogging challenge! My theme is Doctor Who because its the topic my kids voted we do together. We're sticking with people, places, creatures, and episodes from the newer series starting with Christopher Eccleston's (#9) simply because we haven't watched all the Classics...yet.

You can find the list of other participants HERE. I'm #149.

The Library--I want to go here. Well, at least to the time before it was taken over by the Vashta Nerada (coming up on V day!) This is where we first meet River Song (R day), and what's not to love about a planet sized library! It holds all the books ever written. You could live a lifetime and barely put a dent in the number of books available. If you need a place to jump into the Whoverse, start here with Silence in the LibraryForrest of the Dead.

Lake Silencio-- Situated in Utah, USA on the Plain of Sighs. You've already visited this famous lake where the Doctor dies when we introduced the Impossible Astronaut.

I think it's really cool how so many of River's episodes allude to the Silence (S day!). Even this lake's name is giving you a clue as to what's coming.


"Let's Kill Hitler"--Not the first time we meet River, but this is the episode where she understands who the Doctor really is--in her timeline (we've known and loved her for a long time by this point)--and who she is. This is also where Amy's friend Mels reveals herself to be her daughter Melody. See how complex the Whoverse is!? Here are two short clips from the episode.




Can you tell River is one of my favorite Doctor Who Characters? Maybe my very favorite. If only I could decide!

Who is your all time favorite character?

18 comments:

  1. She needed to weigh herself - funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I also love the, "Quiet Dad, I'm concentrating on a dress size."

      Delete
  2. I <3 River!! I also LOVE love love The Silence in the Library episode!

    Jamie Dement (LadyJai)
    My A to Z
    Caring for My Veteran

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another neat thing about The Library episode is (for us Once Upon A Time fans) a very young Josh Dallas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love River Song. Great recap of some pivotal stuff in Dr. Who.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once I am done with this Challenge, critiquing my CP's book and completing my own first draft, I will watch a few episodes of Dr Who.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Whoo hoo! or should I say FANTASTIC!

      Delete
  6. River is my second favourite, besides the Doctor thats a given.
    My favorite is Sarah Jane Smith, who crossed both the old and the new WHO!
    I also used to have a crush on her when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a hard call, but I would have to be between Clara and Rose. I'll say Clara, and hope Rose never finds out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got Dr. Who on my Netflix list for series to watch. I really need to hop on this get caught up in the Who-madness :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty much EVERY single one that you've mentioned is AMAZING. I loved all those episodes so much. If only that library didn't try to kill everyone, it would have been heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The library was such a sad episode, though. At least, in retrospect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can you believe this - I have never seen Dr. Who.

    Visiting from AtoZ

    ReplyDelete
  12. The library sounds really cool. At least it would take a while to work one's way through all the books. :)

    I used to fantasize about owning a home with a rich old library. Now I'd be satisfied with a shack on the beach…as long as it had room for all my mouldy paperbacks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post!

    Please visit my blog, http://www.thatgirlybookworm.blogspot.ca

    I'm also participating in the A-Z Challenge and my theme focuses on books and a title of one that starts with the letter of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. River is a favorite character of mine too. In later episodes I was always squeeing when she'd foreshadow stuff from Silence in the Library.

    ~Patricia Lynne~
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, YA Author

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been watching Doctor Who since the 80s and I LOVE River Song. Best addition to the Doctor Who story ever.

    --
    Timothy S. Brannan
    The Other Side, April Blog Challenge: The A to Z of Witches

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...