Thursday, April 17, 2014

Doctor Who--O is for Ood


Welcome to the A to Z blogging challenge! My theme is Doctor Who because its the topic my kids voted we do together. We're sticking with people, places, creatures, and episodes from the newer series starting with Christopher Eccleston's (#9) simply because we haven't watched all the Classics...yet.

You can find the list of other participants HERE. I'm #149.

Ood--What can I say about the Ood? The first time we see them in The Impossible Planet/Satan Pit they are quite scary with their red eyes and and possession by The Beast. This episode corresponded with the first time my hubby tried to watch Doctor Who. His words were somewhere along the lines of "Really?" And that was it for him. He's not into weird looking aliens.

The Ood's history is actually quite sad. They were a peaceful herd-like race until humans found them and enslaved them. Stupid humans! I guess we deserve everything we get...

Anyway, the Ood are telepathic, and our favorite episode is where they prophesy about the Doctor Donna. There were not a lot of choices when it came to YouTube videos for the Ood, so be warned, this clip is the end of an episode with Spoilers!


Are you okay with a diverse range of aliens or are you like my hubby?

6 comments:

  1. The Ood are cool looking. Or should I say odd looking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, stupid humans always messing things up! We are such jerks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They were quite scary to start with. I liked how they were redeemed, even Helping the Doctor realise that his song was almost over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally got my mother to watch an episode. It was "Blink". I've never been able to get her to watch another. I think she would have been okay with the Ood.

    I thought the Ood made a good point. Just because they look so different than us doesn't mean they are evil. We must look beyond the surface.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I liked the Ood ones. They are so weird, but interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Ood were yet another example of how little difference there has to be from our biped format as humans, to make some other creature look decidedly 'alien'.
    I think it's healthy to believe that there should be numerous shapes and sizes of aliens. If you can believe that a man can fly across the universe in a Police Box then a few different shaped alien forms should be easy to handle.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...