Friday, April 18, 2014

Doctor Who--P is for Pandorica


Welcome to the A to Z blogging challenge! My theme is Doctor Who because its the topic my kids voted we do together. We're sticking with people, places, creatures, and episodes from the newer series starting with Christopher Eccleston's (#9) simply because we haven't watched all the Classics...yet.

You can find the list of other participants HERE. I'm #149.
Pandorica--*squee!* Just mention the Pandorica and any Whovian will squeal in delight. The perfect prison and the ultimate saving device. It's also the reason the Last Centurion stood guard for over two thousand years to protect the love of his life. Perhaps the best part is where the Pandorica lay hidden. Beneath Stonehenge. Come on, you don't get any cooler than that!

If you need another "jumping in spot" try the episode The Pandorica Opens.


Peg Dolls--Here's another example of how the creators and writers of Doctor Who take our childhood fears and use them to great advantage. In the episode Night Terrors, a scared little boy is afraid of what's in the cupboard. What's in there? Psychic representations of all his fears!

Amy and Rory get trapped inside and have to run from these dolls. If they touch you they turn you into a doll. You lose all your personality and enter a sort of "living death". Good thing the Doctor is on the case!

What form would your night terror take?



10 comments:

  1. Since I've lived in two houses that had deaths in them (sitting in the exact spot right now!), my worst fear is meeting up with one of them on my way to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one creepy doll.
    Pandorica! Did you squeal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being trapped in a sinking ship. I've never seen Titanic because of it. I was almost drowned at school in 1963 by a well-meaning PE teacher in one of my first times in a swimming pool (aged 11). I'm now 61, have been coached by Olympians and still fear expanses of water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pandorica was another one of those episodes that I thought would have been better suited to David because it's darker and there was so much multi-villain battling (believe it or not, I really don't think that David would have been better in all of Matt's episodes, but there are a handful that were more Davidesque). But, having said that, I don't think the chemistry with Amy and Rory would have worked with David, so it's a double-edged sword.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiiiiiii!!!! I'm Baaaaaaaack!! God I missed this sooo very much! I lost so much cool stuff in here I'm sad now :( but here I am and how joy the Pandorica sigh! absolutely loved those episodes, everyone was great, and when the Dr was locked there I was so terrified I couldn't sleep, and you are right again the Stonehenge location was p.e.r.f.e.c.t. my fear will probably be being locked inside a tight dark place...eh hem, swear I didn't cheat it's the truth :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't want to think about what was in my closet as a kid! The house I lived in was old and the closet smelled like moldy wood. I did love both these episodes though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always found dolls creepy, so that episode scared me a bit. I would not want to run into those dolls.

    ~Patricia Lynne~
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, YA Author

    ReplyDelete
  9. Peg dolls are so creepy. I looooved the pandorica episode.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shudder. I don't want to know what my night terror form would take. No. Not gonna think about it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...