Monday, April 21, 2014

Doctor Who--R is for Raxacoricofallapatorian

Welcome to the A to Z blogging challenge! My theme is Doctor Who because its the topic my kids voted we do together. We're sticking with people, places, creatures, and episodes from the newer series starting with Christopher Eccleston's (#9) simply because we haven't watched all the Classics...yet.

You can find the list of other participants HERE. I'm #149.

Raxacoricofallapatorius--It's just fun to say! Raxa-corico-falla-patorius! It's a planet. It's twin planet is called Clum. How boring! The Slitheen came from Raxacoricofallapatorius.

Rose Tyler--Rose is the first companion of the new Doctor Who series. She's young and ready for adventure. After meeting the Doctor she leaves her boyfriend Mickey to travel through time and space. Eventually Mickey realizes that Rose's affections have moved from him to the Doctor and he lets her go.

Here's the first moment Doctor Who ripped my heart out.


No one else was allowed to be romantically involved with the Doctor (in my mind at least!) for a long time. Not until Tennant left and Smith took over. Then I fell in love with...

River Song--First, I love Alex Kingston! She made River come alive with all that sass and attitude, and she did it looking absolutely fabulous. I loved everything about her. She was strong and entirely capable of taking care of herself and the Doctor.

Here's the most recent time Doctor Who ripped my heart out. This one is a bit of a montage. It might not make a lot of sense if you haven't watched all the seasons, but you'll get an idea of how epic their relationship was.


R turned out to be for Romance!

Do you get swept away by the side plots that take years to build on?

I have to admit they are my favorite part of Doctor Who. They start out as something I thought would be a small sideline and then they become the BIG plot line. Love it!

11 comments:

  1. I get so wrapped up in side plots! River Song, that was just amazing for me. I love it when all the little pieces fit together to form something big and intricate.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite a word!
    That's what makes series so powerful. It's the time they have to explore the subplots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once Rose left the way she did, I was thoroughly pissed for a very long time (it's why Martha never had a chance), but once they finalized her story (two series later is better than never...I guess), I was ready to let her go. Plus, they ended it so beautifully, it made everything alright again.

    But, having said that, the fact that they have brought Rose back a couple of times and absolutely NO mention of the human doctor really gets my goat! I want to know that they are together and everything is still ok! The way they brought her back for Matt's exit was just plain stupid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Say that word again?! Dr. Who sounds pretty cool...why have I never heard of this series??

    Is this LDS Storymakers week? Good luck at the conference!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Mia, I love the side plots too!

    @Alex, I want more time to explore subplots! :)

    @Keebles, I wonder the same thing. Did they start a family, have a little doctor running around?

    @Kristin, it is! I'm so excited. I'll leave on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes. That's what makes me stick with some shows for years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy River Song. She is fun. Doctor Who ripped my heart out a love and yet I keep rewatching the episodes. LOL

    ~Patricia Lynne~
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, YA Author

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved River. I don't think the Doctor will ever find a more perfect match than her :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen a couple of episodes of Dr. Who on BBC, but haven't figured out when it's scheduled to be on. Great show!

    Visiting from A to Z Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great clip when he loses Rose. The scene on the beach, though, when he leaves for good got to me. I'm a recent convert to the series (back in the fall--just before the 50th anniversary so I've been able to catch up). @Karen, Google Doctor Who and you'll be able to find out when it comes on where you live.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've known the Doctor Who series since the first episode, and I believe one of the factors affecting the entire catalogue of programmes is that the viewer must accept the futility of expecting anything normal.
    Each Doctor should be taken at his own level, and then sub-plots just come along when needed. Another great post.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...