Friday, April 25, 2014

Doctor Who--V is for Vashta Nerada

Quick note:  

My short story collection is free for Kindle today and tomorrow only (April 25th and 26th)!

Please grab a copy and write a review for Amazon and Goodreads. I'm getting desperate for reviews. Thank you! 

Stellar Cloud 








Welcome to the A to Z blogging challenge! My theme is Doctor Who because its the topic my kids voted we do together. We're sticking with people, places, creatures, and episodes from the newer series starting with Christopher Eccleston's (#9) simply because we haven't watched all the Classics...yet.

You can find the list of other participants HERE. I'm #149.

Vashta Nerada--This is another thing nightmares are made of. The name itself means "the shadows that melt flesh". Think of microscopic piranha that travel in swarms. They infested The Library, and in that episode the Doctor mentions that they also live on earth. You know, those tiny dust specks floating around that become visible in bright sunlight...*shivers* They were sentient though and another of my favorite quotes came in this clip.

"I'm the Doctor. You're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."
Fan girl *squee*
And then River saves the Doctor by...oops! Spoilers.

Vesiforms--these are an intelligent insect species. The first time (and only that I can think of ) we see them is in the episode The Unicorn and the Wasp which is about Agatha Christie.


Vincent Van Gogh--One of the great things about Doctor Who is he plays with space and time. You saw that he met Agatha Christie above, here is the trailer for when he met Vincent Van Gogh.


If you could travel through time and space, who would you want to visit...and save from certain death by an alien?

6 comments:

  1. Microscopic piranha - that does sound creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Van Gogh episodes are some of the only Smith eps that I absolutely LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Van Gogh episode. I have a Doctor Who poster that has a quote from the episode on it.

    ~Patricia Lynne~
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, YA Author

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I could meet anyone in the past... I don't know who I'd want to meet. Some of my favorite historical figures weren't very nice. I admire what they did, but I don't think I'd actually want to hold a conversation with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First things first. I've just downloaded 'Stellar Cloud' and I will be cruising through it this coming week, so you can expect reviews in both Amazon.com and UK, plus of course Goodreads, which I'm on myself.
    I know what you mean about reviews. One of my novels is doing okay, but the other is a bit slow, and now of course I've just published my first anthology of short stories.
    Right my girl, to the question in hand.
    I'd travel through time to have a chat with Leonardo Da Vinci, but I'd have to brush up on my Italian, or else all he'd understand was that I wanted copious amounts of black coffee ... and a toilet. My Italian is a bit limited. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vincent and the Doctor is one of my all time faves! I cry at the end of it EVERY TIME. And the Vashta Nerada...holy smokes were they creepy! "Who turned out the lights?" :)
    ~Katie
    TheCyborgMom
    Visual Proof

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...