Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Doctor Who--Z is for Zocci


Welcome to the A to Z blogging challenge! My theme is Doctor Who because its the topic my kids voted we do together. We're sticking with people, places, creatures, and episodes from the newer series starting with Christopher Eccleston's (#9) simply because we haven't watched all the Classics...yet.

You can find the list of other participants HERE. I'm #149.

Zocci--Small (as in vertically challenged) red-skinned humanoids with spiky heads. The one my family knows best was in Voyage of the Damned (another Christmas special), a story about a space cruise ship named Titanic. Yep, see where this is going? Anyway, we remember him for many reasons, but mostly because we love to say his name--Bannakaffalatta. That's Banna-kaffa-latta, and he was a sweet man who sacrificed much in the episode.


Zero (Prisoner Zero)--This was a shape shifting creature who escaped prison by coming through the crack in Amy's wall.

Zygons--This is another alien that my hubby rolls his eyes at. I believe they had more face time in the original series, but they did make an appearance in The Day of the Doctor. They could take on any form but needed to keep the host alive in order to maintain that form.
Pretty lucky for the victim if you ask me!

7 comments:

  1. That Zero creature is wicked.
    Congratulations on completing the Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did it! We are out the other side! Yours has been one of my absolute favorite challenge series!

    I've never been a sci-fi fan. How I ended up a Whovian is a total mystery, but even the cheesiest of aliens don't bother me on Who whereas, on any other show, they would drive me nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 50th anniversary special made me curious about Zygons. Either I'll have to watch some classic or hope they show up again.

    Congrats on completing the challenge! \o/

    ~Patricia Lynne~
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, YA Author

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for a superb series of posts Charity. As I said in a comment many days ago, I remember watching William Hartnell in the first ever episode in the '60's.
    Back then of course there were none of the special effects seen now, and one of the standing jokes was the polystyrene and cardboard sets - but nobody's laughing now.
    I really have enjoyed your topic and you have a new follower in me.
    P.S. I've just finished reading 'Stellar Cloud' - review coming to a blog near you soon, plus other locations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked how you chose sacrifice, beginnings and ends on your last post (Aww!! Banna-kaffa-latta!) I can't believe it's over, :"( but this was amazing, I have no idea how you managed to do all this, I loved it all, cried and laughed, brilliant work and thank you very very much. Your simply the best, the winner :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't look at cracks the same any more.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...