Monday, June 16, 2014

Interview with Patricia Lynne

Today I'm bringing you another author interview. Remember, my blog is open to you all summer for guest posts, author interviews, or book highlights. You can check out my post explaining HERE.

Now, to the interview...

Bio:
Patricia Lynne never set out to become a writer. In fact, she never considered it an option during high school and college. She was more of an art and band geek. Some stories are meant to be told and now she can't stop writing. Patricia lives with her husband in Michigan, hopes one day to have what will resemble a small petting zoo and has a fondness for dying her hair the colors of the rainbow. You can find her lurking on Twitter or at her website.

1)What is your favorite color?
GREEN! And not just because of I love the band Green Day… okay, that’s a lie. It’s totally because I love Green Day (have seen them live twice.)

2)What do you do when you are not writing?
I knit and make jewelry. Sometimes I think about how I should be writing because I really should be and I’m not.

3)When and why did you begin writing?
It was in 2010, I think. I didn’t really pay attention to the date I began writing. I was bored one day and I’ve always daydreamed stories, so I thought why not write one down as something to kill the time. It grew from that. I kept writing more and more, then I got the idea for Being Human. I thought it sounded like a story other people would enjoy so I started to learn more about writing and researched publishing. In 2011, I self published it.

4)Do you ever experience writer's block?
Not completely, but on individual stories. I had a sequel idea for Being Human, and got stuck on it. For about two years I didn’t write on it because every time I tried, my muse went into hiding. Then one day, out of the blue, I figured out what was wrong. Then the day job blew up and I ended up having no time or energy to write anything for about a month. That was uncool, but I wrote out what I needed to do, so it’s going to get written.

5)Do you write an outline before you write?
Nope. I am a proud panster. If I’m writing and decide to stop for the night, but have an idea how the next scene will go, I summarize it so I don’t forget. There was one story I plotted out and I lost the drive to write it. I knew what would happen and that made writing it boring.

6)Have you ever hated something you wrote?
Is the Tardis blue? Oh yes I have hated a lot of things I’ve written.

I <3 you for the Tardis reference and for below. 

7)Please fill in the blank: Keep Calm and _________________
Don’t blink! Yeah, I couldn’t resist that and have it on a shirt. A few people asked me what it meant. They obviously weren’t Whovians. Sad.

My daughter has this shirt too. Actually she has enough Who shirts to wear a new one every day of the week. We love seeing other Whovians as we're out and about.


Being Human
For Tommy, there is only one thing he needs to do: survive.

Only surviving isn't that easy. The hunt for blood can be tricky when humans know to fear the night. Desire sits on the edge of his mind, urging him to become the monster humans think he is. Vampire Forces, a special branch of police, is determined to turn every vampire to ash. Tommy included.

The only human Tommy can trust is his twin brother. A bond connects them, and with Danny's help, Tommy starts to understand the human world he struggles to survive in. He'll learn what friendship means and feel the sting of betrayal, find that sometimes the worst monsters are very human, and come to understand that family means more than blood.

Tommy just wants to survive and he knows what he needs to do. But with the number of humans that mean more to him than a meal growing, Tommy learns there's more to life than simple survival. He'll discover being human doesn't mean being a human.

Today it's on sale for $0.99! Go check it out.

Available at:
Amazon Kindle - Amazon UK Kindle - Amazon Paperback - Barnes and Noble
Smashwords - iTunes - Sony ebooks - Kobo

Click here to add to Goodreads

Do you have any questions for Patricia?

10 comments:

  1. You knit jewelry? That's quite a talent.
    I've seen Green Day in concert. If you like green, how do you feel about Kermit the Frog?
    Great interview, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, you can knit jewelry. You can also knit with thin wire (I have never tried.) But I haven't actually tried any knitted jewelry, so what I meant was I make jewelry and knit things to wear. =PPPPPPPPP

      Delete
  2. I saw a girl in class wearing a blue sweatshirt that said "Police Box". She was shocked when I made a Doctor Who reference. Why? She announced her allegiance pretty clearly.

    Yep, another Whovian here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Dr. Who as well. You sound very talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for having me Charity. Always fun to hijack another writer's blog for the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great having you! Good luck with sales!

      Delete
  5. Interesting Blurb. I'm a Green Day fan myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You have good taste in music if I do say so myself. ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...