Friday, April 3, 2015

80s Movies C is for Cocoon and Close Encounters of the Third Kind


Welcome to April and the Blogging A to Z Challenge! Here's a quick refresher of my theme and the "rules" I set for myself.
  • Science Fiction and/or Fantasy movies from the 1980's
  • A movie I watched when it came out (meaning when I was a kid)

Cocoon (1985)


Who doesn't like the idea of never growing old(er) and dying? Here's a movie that gives a group of senior citizens a new lease on life. I don't remember much more than that. I do remember that I never cared for Steve Guttenberg, even as a kid.

Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977)


I was only 3 or so when this movie came out, but I remember watching it several times growing up. Even without a piano in the house, I managed to learn how to play the tune. I've always wanted to believe life exists outside our solar system and that's why I loved this movie, even when others complained it was too long and slow. Most things in life take a long time to come to fruition.

From FADE INTO ME

Caedan Frey--Male MC. Here are the basics:
Age: 124
Brown hair, brown eyes
Heir to the throne during the year of reparation, which means he must marry a human.
Everything has always been handed to him, so he's used to getting his way. He never thought he'd have a problem convincing a human girl to marry him.

Here are a few guys that could play him in a movie.
Matthew Atkinson could totally pull off Caedan.
Austin Nichols just like this? Mmm, yes please.
Give Chris Pine some brown contacts and boom! Of course I'd cast him in any and every movie I could. :)

11 comments:

  1. I caw both of those films in the theater.
    'I hope you're not going to take your skin off, 'cause I really like skin on a woman.'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, that line I actually do remember. Probably the only one.

      Delete
  2. I did care for Steve Guttenberg back then :P Police Academy was a true fun. Nice choices for a character.
    "Haneen/I Will Never Give you Up (479)"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I'm honest, he probably didn't bug me when I was a kid. Something about growing up changed that. I remember Police Academy.

      Delete
  3. Cocoon was so darn sad in many ways.
    Can't beat the scene in Close Encounters when the guy pulls up to the track tracks though.
    How about Ian Somerhalder for Caedan? YoWZa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No wait. You can't have him. He's mine! MINE, I say.

      Delete
    2. LOL! I'll let you keep Ian.

      Cocoon was sad. Didn't the aliens inside the cocoons die at the end?

      Delete
  4. I vaguely recall seeing Cocoon, but I don't remember anything about it. Just a faint memory that I had seen it.

    ~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Member of C. Lee's Muffin Commando Squad
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cocoon freaked me out as a kid. I still can't watch that movie without getting freaked out. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two more movies I got dragged to. Although, I think I slept through Close Encounters. We saw it in a drive-in. I did enjoy Cocoon. I might not have fought so hard with that one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a fan of "Spaced Invaders," even though a lot of people probably haven't heard of it. Hilarious!

    ~Connie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...