Wednesday, April 8, 2015

80s Movies G is for Goonies!


Welcome to April and the Blogging A to Z Challenge! Here's a quick refresher of my theme and the "rules" I set for myself.
  • Science Fiction and/or Fantasy movies from the 1980's
  • A movie I watched when it came out (meaning when I was a kid)
Today is a day of one word titles! All three are available on Netflix DVD.

After refreshing your memory, please share your favorite quotes from the movies if you have any!

Ghostbusters (1984 )


The sad thing is I missed the re-release last year. Was it even advertised?? Anyway, this classic comes with a theme song that gets stuck in your head. Even now it'll pop into my mind any time someone says anything close to "Who you gonna call?"

Gremlins (1984)

This is one of my kids favorites. At least it was for a few years. They watched it over and over until I was seriously sick of it! I think I only watched it once, maybe twice as a kid.

Goonies (1985)


I saved the best for last. This IS my movie. I watched this one with my brother growing up. We were about two years apart in age and we were Goonies. We moved around a lot and I always felt like I was on the fringe of the social groups. Probably because I was into books and science fiction/fantasy when most of my friends were into Barbies and Hot Wheels. And that never changed.

This is full of humor and the adventures I always acted out as a kid. A pirate map, creepy caves, bad guys chasing you, friendship to last forever. What more could you want?

My favorite scene? Hard to choose, but I love when Chunk is telling about the prank he pulled at the movie theater.

Here it is curtesy of ImDb--
"OK! I'll talk! In third grade, I cheated on my history exam. In fourth grade, I stole my uncle Max's toupee and I glued it on my face when I was Moses in my Hebrew School play. In fifth grade, I knocked my sister Edie down the stairs and I blamed it on the dog... when my mom sent me to the summer camp for fat kids and then they served lunch I got nuts and I pigged out and they kicked me out... but the worst thing I ever done - I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, t-t-then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaaa - and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life."

Still makes me laugh.

Of course the best quote: Goonies never say die!


6 comments:

  1. Yay ghostbusters! Is it weird that I don't know if I've ever seen Goonies? I might have but it was a really long time ago so I don't remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally love these movies!! Goonies will always be one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn't big into the Goonies, probably because I was an adult when I saw it and the movie just didn't click with me. However, I did enjoy Gremlins and Ghostbusters.
    Ray, when someone asks if you are a god, you say yes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Ghostbuster and still do, even though when I was little, the second movie scared the crap out of me.

    ~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Member of C. Lee's Muffin Commando Squad
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't allowed to see Gremlins when it came out. Too scary or something. But I did see Goonies and Ghostbusters. I don't think I was dragged to either of those, though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...