Thursday, April 9, 2015

80s Movies H is for Highlander


Welcome to April and the Blogging A to Z Challenge! Here's a quick refresher of my theme and the "rules" I set for myself.
  • Science Fiction and/or Fantasy movies from the 1980's
  • A movie I watched when it came out (meaning when I was a kid)
After refreshing your memory, please share your favorite quotes from the movies if you have any!

Highlander (1986)


"There can be only one."

I don't know what I love most about this movie, all the sword fighting or the music by Queen. This movie may or may not have influenced my decision to take fencing in college. :) Another strange note, I never got into the TV series or the sequels to this movie. I guess for me there really could be only one Highlander. Plus, it has Sean Connery!


Harry and the Hendersons (1987) Available on Netflix DVD


Before all the great Jack Links commercials about Sasquatch, there was Harry. This one is full of slapstick humor, fear turning to love and then racing to save Harry from those who don't understand. Pretty typical stuff, but fun as a kid.

And for fun...


Bonus from FADE INTO ME


Heather is Ryanne's older sister. She's already in college and has been doing the best she can to keep their family afloat. When her parents left, she fought to keep Ryanne with her and not in foster care. She's very protective of Ry. One of my favorite scenes from the book is when Caedan points out that not all love is about fairy tales. True love is a sister who would do anything to help you be happy.

14 comments:

  1. I haven't seen Highlander for years. When I was pregnant with my first child, Hubby planted the name Connor in my head - it was only years later he admitted it was because of Highlander. I should have guessed!!

    Annalisa, writing A-Z vignettes, at Wake Up, Eat, Write, Sleep

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sly hubby! One of my daughters is named after a character from a movie on W day.

      Delete
  2. The first Highlander was good, the sequels not so much.
    It's better to burn out than fade away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my general remembrance as well. I need to watch the first one again.

      Delete
  3. My dad loves this movie/show. Me, not so much but I appreciate the intrigue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I don't think you're missing much on Harry, but you should look up Highlander if you like that kind of thing.

      Delete
  5. Definitely agree with you about the Highlander show! I loved the movie as a kid, but Clancy Brown scared the crap out of me in that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to confess, I haven't seen either of these movies. I guess I can't really call myself a moive buff huh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hubby and I watched Highlander one night on Netflix. It was good, but we did laugh a bit.

    ~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Member of C. Lee's Muffin Commando Squad
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember watching Highlander with my older sister while the parents were out for the night. Great movie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Singing... B..A..L..A..N..C..E...Balance... That sticks with me for some reason.

    I never saw Highlander until after I started watching the series. Which I only started watching because it was on when I'd get off work (and there was precious little on at that time of night) back when I was working the evil retail job. That and Law & Order.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...