Saturday, April 11, 2015

80s Movies J is for Jurassic Park



Welcome to April and the Blogging A to Z Challenge! Here's a quick refresher of my theme and the "rules" I set for myself.
  • Science Fiction and/or Fantasy movies from the 1980's
  • A movie I watched when it came out (meaning when I was a kid)
Today is a day where I couldn't find an 80s movie to fit my requirements. So, 90s it is!

After refreshing your memory, please share your favorite quotes from the movies if you have any!

Jurassic Park (1993)


This is a family favorite. In fact, my oldest daughter saw it for the first time when she was about four years old. We had waited until she went to bed to watch it, but she had a nightmare. She woke and sat in the hallway watching. It was some time before we knew she was there. She was already in love with dinosaurs and for some reason the movie didn't scare her. I normally wouldn't have let a four year old watch, but she talked about the dinos by name and was so happy. The Jurassic Park movies have been a part of our family ever since.

All my kids have understood movies are not real, but people acting. How did I get so lucky? We are all excited for this...


Judge Dredd (1995)


Mmm, don't remember this one at all, and since it's only available for netflix DVD I won't be watching it soon. What do you remember?

6 comments:

  1. Be thankful you don't remember that Judge Dread. It was awful.
    I featured Jurassic Park as well today!
    But if the Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, thanks Alex. I won't worry about tracking it down anytime soon. Ian Malcolm was great. I loved his dry wit.

      Delete
  2. I haven't seen either of those. I've boycotted Jurassic Park and will not see it. (The reasons why are kind of a long story and entirely family related. I have nothing against the movie or anyone involved with it.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to share those reasons sometime. ;)

      Delete
  3. I loved Jurassic Park, and I'm excited to see Star Lord tangle with dinosaurs too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Jurassic Park as a kid. My parents had taped on while it was on TV. I think I own it now. If not, I should fix that.

    ~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Member of C. Lee's Muffin Commando Squad
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...