Monday, April 13, 2015

80s Movies K is for King Kong


Welcome to April and the Blogging A to Z Challenge! Here's a quick refresher of my theme and the "rules" I set for myself.
  • Science Fiction and/or Fantasy movies from the 1980's
  • A movie I watched when it came out (meaning when I was a kid)
After refreshing your memory, please share your favorite quotes from the movies if you have any!

Krull (1983)


I don't remember this one at all, but since I couldn't think of any other K movie I went with it. Did you see it? Was it any good? I think I remember my brother talking about it.

King Kong (1976)


This is the classic King Kong! It's the first one I ever watched. Jessica Lange was perfect. The images stuck with me over the years, and even now when I think of the phrase 'beauty and the beast' I think of this Kong holding Lange in his hand.

Bonus from FADE INTO ME

Kevin might be the boy next door, the guy Ryanne has crushed on for years, but that doesn't mean he's a good person. In the beginning of the book we see him marrying his high school girlfriend because he got her pregnant. Why do girls like the bad boys?

Actors who could play Kevin...
Chris Zylka
Alex Pettyfer

6 comments:

  1. Be glad you don't remember Krull. It was not good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all these, "Be glad you don't remember..." notes from you. LOL.

      Delete
  2. Great theme for the blog challenge. King Kong is one of my favorite films, I like all the versions. Jessica Lange and Jeff Bridges were great in the 1976 version.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never saw Krull. I liked this version of King Kong as well as the newest with Naomi Watts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta love Krull. What a cheesy fun fantasy. The hero in the tight tights as adventuring gear always makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope, didn't see either. I don't think I've even seen the original King Kong. Creature feature...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...