Tuesday, April 14, 2015

80s Movies L is for Legend and Labyrinth


Welcome to April and the Blogging A to Z Challenge! Here's a quick refresher of my theme and the "rules" I set for myself.
  • Science Fiction and/or Fantasy movies from the 1980's
  • A movie I watched when it came out (meaning when I was a kid)
After refreshing your memory, please share your favorite quotes from the movies if you have any!

Last Starfighter (1984)


This was another Disney Saturday night movie. A video game is used to test humans in the search of a great Starfighter to defend the frontier and save the universe. I was ten when this movie came out and my first crush might have been on Alex.

Here's a quote--
"Teriffic. I'm about to get killed a million miles from nowhere with a gung-ho iguana who tells me to relax."


Legend (1985)


This one has some beautiful cinematic moments and some really well done creepy ones. Like where the girl is all in blacks and reds and dancing? (fuzzy memory) with the horned devil guy. Yeah, detailed memories here! LOL.

Quote:
"The dreams of youth are the regrets of maturity."
"What is light without dark?"

Labyrinth (1986)


Now, this one I've seen more than once. I may have even chanted the little rhyme a few times around my baby sisters. One of my favorite scenes is when they have to cross the bog of eternal stench. Great 80s music by Bowie, and even if some of the acting is um, interesting, it's a lot of fun.

From the end for the believer in all of us.

Ludo: [in the mirror] Goodbye, Sarah.
Didymus: And remember, fair maiden, should you need us...
Hoggle: Yes, should you need us, for any reason at all...
Sarah: I need you, Hoggle.
Hoggle: You do?
Sarah: [nods] I don't know why, but every now and again in my life - for no reason at all - I need you. All of you.
Hoggle: You do? Well... WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SO?


Bonus from FADE INTO ME


Lorandra is an Abhithian who becomes Ryanne's surrogate mother of sorts. She's the quiet voice of reason. The one who loves unconditionally while carefully encouraging both of our main characters to keep trying to reach an understanding. She's wise, gentle and yet firm when needed.

My pick for someone to play Lorandra? The beautiful and talented...
Annette Bening

7 comments:

  1. Great minds! I featured Legend today as well.
    We are all animals, my lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen Legend, but The Last Starfighter and Labyrinth are classics. Both weird but both good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw The Last Starfighter in the theater as well. The special effects don't quite hold up as well, but I remember being dazzled by them at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen any of those films.

    ~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Member of C. Lee's Muffin Commando Squad
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by! Alex wanted everyone to know he was quoting the movie when he said, "We are all animals my lady." Just in case you were wondering. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. AAAAHHHH! Legend and Labyrinth are basically my favorite movies from the 80s. Also, last starfighter held a special place in my heart as my brother and I played video games hoping we were being recruited to an alien, interstellar war... Ah, those were the daydreams, right. This boring life, or WAR among the stars.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...