Thursday, April 16, 2015

80s Movies N is for the NeverEnding Story



Welcome to April and the Blogging A to Z Challenge! Here's a quick refresher of my theme and the "rules" I set for myself.
  • Science Fiction and/or Fantasy movies from the 1980's
  • A movie I watched when it came out (meaning when I was a kid)
After refreshing your memory, please share your favorite quotes from the movies if you have any!

Both of these are available on Netflix DVD.

Neverending Story (1984)


This was another family favorite growing up. Atreu and Artrax. The luck dragon that looks like a puppy. A hopeless quest? Or is it?

What's not to love about a book that not only takes the reader on a journey, but makes them a part of the journey? Every book was like this for me growing up. The great ones still are.

Quotes:
"Bastian. Why don't you do what you dream, Bastian? Call my name. Bastian please! Save us!"

"We don't even care whether or not we care."

Night of the Comet (1984)


Did he say comedy? I remembered this enough to look it up for today. That's really all I have. Did you see this one? What do you remember?


And just for fun...Nicole Zoltack shared something similar on Facebook last month.


5 comments:

  1. Funny Facebook picture.
    I was an adult when The Neverending Story came out, so it just didn't jive with me. I do remember seeing Night of the Comet many, many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute movie. My dog gets rides around the house pretending to be him. LOL!
    Visiting on the A-Z.
    As I See It Daily

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only thing I remember about the Neverending Story is the horse dying. That made me so sad when I was little.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You mean the EverEnding Story. It became a joke. When we went to see it (in the theater, natch), the film stopped like three different times. Someone had to go to the manager to get it going again. I'm not sure if the film broke or what. So, that's what we dubbed it.

    Night of the Comet. I think I saw that first on TV, but the idea of everyone vanishing was such a cool one to me then. They'd probably turn it more dystopian now. But I remember this fondly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet baby kittens, I wished for Falcor to show up all my life. Sigh. Maybe there's still time. I found the medalion at a faire once, but they'd run out and only had the display left. I offered to buy it, but they told me no.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...