Friday, April 17, 2015

80s Movies O is for Outbreak



Welcome to April and the Blogging A to Z Challenge! Here's a quick refresher of my theme and the "rules" I set for myself.
  • Science Fiction and/or Fantasy movies from the 1980's
  • A movie I watched when it came out (meaning when I was a kid)
Unfortunately I break two of those rules today. I've never seen Outland, but it looks interesting and it looks like I can watch it on YouTube. The second movie for today is not from the 80s, but I think I've seen it. Maybe?

Outland (1981)



Outbreak (1995)


For some reason, this trailer doesn't look anything like the movie I remember by this name. I'm wondering if I'm thinking of a different movie by the same name? It's the monkey that's throwing me off. I remember a scene with birds dropping dead from the sky and at the end, the virus is stored in space in a massive storage place of all kinds of bad things.

Update: I was thinking the Andromeda Strain from 1971. Sorry, it's a double rule breaker day.




Bonus from FADE INTO ME

Oracles--Have you ever been fascinated by a hummingbird? What if they were more than meets the eye?

In Ireas, hummingbirds are the Oracles or messengers of the High Council of Abhaile. They can speak to the Abhithians on earth through telepathy, and when they work together they can open a viewing portal to Abhaile. They are also the guardians of the sacred garden at the palace.
I wonder what they would do if someone entered uninvited? 

4 comments:

  1. Outland is High Noon in space. Been a long time since I saw it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Outbreak in the theater. Scary stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outbreak scared the crap out of me the first time I saw it...give me Michael Myers or Jason Voorhees any day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of either of those movies.
    Oracle hummingbirds? That sounds cool. Love it.

    ~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Member of C. Lee's Muffin Commando Squad
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...