Wednesday, April 22, 2015

80s Movies S is for Solarbabies and Space Camp


Welcome to April and the Blogging A to Z Challenge! Here's a quick refresher of my theme and the "rules" I set for myself.
  • Science Fiction and/or Fantasy movies from the 1980's
  • A movie I watched when it came out (meaning when I was a kid)

Solarbabies (1986)


I watched this one several times. While browsing online, I noticed many people labeled it as one of the worst movies of all times. Maybe, but as I kid I didn't have the standards of an adult. I liked it. The planet is devoid of rain and water. It's controlled and rationed creating a dystopian world much like the Mad Max world--but kid friendly.

Space Camp (1986)

Maybe I shouldn't admit I applied for Space Camp, but I did. We just couldn't afford it. Given the chance I'd go to space in a heart beat. Even now. Especially now.

Quote:
"In space anything is possible."

Short Circuit (1986)


Quotes:
"Number 5 is alive!"

"Life is NOT a malfunction."



Bonus from FADE INTO ME

Scotland--I want to go here so bad! Perhaps that's why I sent Ryanne there with Caedan. It's also the part of the book I'm the most insecure about. I've never been there! How can I write about it?

5 comments:

  1. Sadly, much of the 80's passed me by outside my notice. (Hey, I was a baby). I've never seen these movies, but I'm thinking I should rectify that now.

    https://njmagas.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen all three movies but only remember Short Circuit.
    I hope you do get to visit Scotland. You will dig it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only seen Short Circuit, but it's a real love of mind.

    Good luck with the A to Z Challenge!
    A to Z Co-Host S. L. Hennessy
    http://pensuasion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only seen Short Circuit. I think Netflix had it and hubby and I watched it. Still enjoyed it.

    ~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Member of C. Lee's Muffin Commando Squad
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only saw Short Circuit. I never heard of Solarbabies. And Space Camp came out too close to Challenger. I just couldn't stomach it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...