Friday, April 24, 2015

80s Movies U if for Universal Soldier


Welcome to April and the Blogging A to Z Challenge! Here's a quick refresher of my theme and the "rules" I set for myself.
  • Science Fiction and/or Fantasy movies from the 1980's
  • A movie I watched when it came out (meaning when I was a kid)

U was hard! And today is another day I couldn't find anything in the 80s.

Universal Soldier (1992)


Sadly, I don't remember much about this one either. I do think it was one my brother liked? Do you remember it? Have you watched it recently?

Unbreakable (2000)

I loved this movie, but my husband hated it. He felt it was slow and then it ended. Needless to say he complained for days.

One child grows up scared to sneeze because it could break his bones. He spends his whole life trying to find meaning in it all. Along the way he does some horrible things for one reason. To find his opposite. I loved the idea of it all. How are super villains created? Are they born, does something change them? What? And more importantly, why would a villain create a superhero?

6 comments:

  1. I'm trying to imagine the writer pitching the idea to a movie producer of a hero trying not to sneeze.
    ~Visiting from AtoZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I featured Universal Solider as well!
    I liked Unbreakable. It's back when that director was actually good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen either of those movies. I remember when Unbreakable came out and it looked interesting, but I never got around to seeing it.

    ~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Member of C. Lee's Muffin Commando Squad
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Unbreakable is on netflix for streaming.

      Delete
  4. I never saw Universal Soldier. I did like Unbreakable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! Another person that's doing an A to Z about movies! I'm a JCVD fan but I haven't actually seen the first Universal Soldier. I think I'm going to have to make a point of it.

    TheCapillary
    Dropping by from the A to Z Challenge
    http://thecapillary.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...