Monday, April 27, 2015

80s Movies W is for Willow


Welcome to April and the Blogging A to Z Challenge! Here's a quick refresher of my theme and the "rules" I set for myself.
  • Science Fiction and/or Fantasy movies from the 1980's
  • A movie I watched when it came out (meaning when I was a kid)
Today I have two of my favorites!

Watcher in the Woods (1980)


This movie was super creepy to me as a kid. Creepy!! I loved it though. Eventually I found a book by the same name. This movie was based on it, but like many books to movies so much was lost in translation. Check out the book if you get a chance--Watcher in the Woods by Florence Engel Randall

Quotes:
"Mrs. Alywood sure is creepy."

"Something awful happened here. I can feel it. Something awful."

Willow (1988)


I loved this movie so much that my oldest child is named after one of the characters from it. And no, it's not Elora Dannen, although that's the most beautiful name I've ever heard.

Quotes:
Sorsha--"Then what?"
Madmartigan--"It went away."
Sorsha--"It went away? 'I dwell in darkness without you' and it went away?"

High Aldwin: "Go in the direction the bird is flying!"
Burgelcutt: "He's going back to the village!"
High Aldwin: "Ignore the bird. Follow the river."

Bonus from FADE INTO ME

Weddings--
In the first draft, FIM started with "The day of three weddings." Ryanne started at one wedding and wandered into two others eventually meeting Caedan at the third one. The final version only has two weddings. I don't know what the deal was with weddings, but what a fun place to start a romance.
UNC Botanical Gardens at Chapel Hill

3 comments:

  1. I've probably seen Watcher in the Woods, but I don't remember it.
    I do remember Willow having one of the best trailers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember watching Willow when I was younger and loving it. There were scenes that scared me, but not enough that I couldn't enjoy it.

    ~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Member of C. Lee's Muffin Commando Squad
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Willow. Did you read the sequel? I stumbled across it in the library a few years later, and the characters seemed familiar somehow. That's when I found out it was a sequel, but I don't remember exactly what happened. (I believe the baby was grown up.)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...