Tuesday, April 28, 2015

80s Movies X is for Xanadu


Welcome to April and the Blogging A to Z Challenge! Here's a quick refresher of my theme and the "rules" I set for myself.
  • Science Fiction and/or Fantasy movies from the 1980's
  • A movie I watched when it came out (meaning when I was a kid)
Xanadu (1980)

I've always loved Gene Kelly, and although he has a small part in this movie it was fun to see him. Otherwise it's a fun, artsy event with all kinds of music, dancing and roller skating! Yeah, gotta love the 80s!

Here's a quote from Kelly's character:
"You know, I used to be in the music business, but now I'm what you might call retired. It's a refined name for bum."

And how could I resist since I had hoped this would be my theme this year...
X-Files the Movie (1998)


It's not on Netflix and I actually haven't seen this movie. Sad isn't it? This came after I stopped watching X-files. I had a short attention span as a kid. Wait, I still have a short attention span. I'm 6 seasons into X-files and loosing interest. :(

6 comments:

  1. It's sad how many of us had to resort to using Xanadu today...
    However, the X-Files movie was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still love Xanadu (and I have it in actual album form, not just in CD and digital formats).

    Both X-Files movies are on Amazon Prime (if you have it).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen Xanadu--not much of an Olivia Newton John fan, I'm afraid. Loved the X-Files, though, although I didn't make it through the last season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen either of those movies.

    ~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Member of C. Lee's Muffin Commando Squad
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was not allowed to see Xanadu as a kid (not sure why). Had the soundtrack and loved it. Only saw the movie a year or so ago. It was awful. Not even Gene Kelly could help it (although as a kid I would not have had the appreciation for him that I do today).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the song Xanadu which is performed by Olivia Newton-John.
    Visiting *in a daze* from the A to Z Challenge... only one more day left...

    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...