Wednesday, April 29, 2015

80s Movies Y is for Young movies ;)


Welcome to April and the Blogging A to Z Challenge! Here's a quick refresher of my theme and the "rules" I set for myself.
  • Science Fiction and/or Fantasy movies from the 1980's
  • A movie I watched when it came out (meaning when I was a kid)

Young Frankenstein (1974)


You've got to love Gene Wilder! He plays crazy really well. The scene I remember? The "Puttin' on the Ritz" number. The weird thing is I remember it in color. Guess that's my crazy imagination filling in the blanks.

Feldman was brilliant as Igor as well.

Young Einstein (1988)


Oh my goodness this movie was a hoot! What if Einstein was just a fun loving genius trying to make a better beer?

Quotes:
"If you can't trust the governments of the world, who can you trust?"

Albert Einstein: Dad, I want to be a physicist.
Mr. Einstein: What do they grow, son?
Albert Einstein: They don't grow anything.
Mr. Einstein: Well what's the use of them then?

4 comments:

  1. Young Frankenstein is awesome. One of Mel Brooks' best.
    Abby... Normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have yet to see Young Frankenstein. I keep meaning to. I remember there was a guy at my first job whose hair was... Well, a boss started calling him Young Einstein and even changed his name on the schedule for a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good choices! One to go. Congrats! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen either of those movies, but have heard of them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...