Sunday, May 3, 2015

A to Z Challenge Reflections


Well, I feel like I failed this year. Even though I posted every day, stayed within my theme and easily kept with the alphabet, I failed big time on the visiting others. And I didn't do so hot having conversations on my blog either.

What do I think tripped me up this year?

1. I'm in the process of selling my house and buying a fixer upper that needs A LOT of work!
2. I didn't enjoy my theme as much as last year's theme
3. Part of that is because I couldn't rewatch the films I wanted to talk about. That made for a flat post in my opinion.
4. There just wasn't any time in my day to visit blogs and comment. If I managed a 30 minute block, I worked on my WIP instead.

The few movies that I really knew were fun days, and I really appreciate all those who stopped by and commented on my posts. So sorry I let you down this year on quality. Next  year will be better! I hope...

12 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your theme this year (although not as much as last year because DOCTOR WHO! ^_~) I had a few technical blogs that I read daily so you're was a nice break with something light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Last year was way to good to top. :)

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed your theme! Recalling quotes from the ones I'd seen was fun.
    You had the move and everything, which I imagine did suck up a lot of time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was cool we overlapped several times too.

      Delete
  3. Yeah, the visiting other blogs is what sucked up all my time this year. That's the only reason I considered not doing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss feeling connected through the blogging community, but I just don't have the time anymore. It's sad, really sad.

      Delete
  4. I didn't do so well with A-Z the last time I did it. That's why I didn't do it this year. It's sad, but it seems like blogging is on it's way out. Good reflections.

    I want to hear all about your house sell. Send me a message some time. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't be hard on yourself. I mean you did finish the challenge non the less. And selling your house? that's a big deal I'm impressed you blogged at all. Next year I hope will be better, it won't hurt if you repeat the Doctor Who theme again, huh? huh? :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I'd gladly repeat Doctor Who. There's so much more to talk about.

      Delete
  6. Blogging is tough work but don't beat yourself up too much. You are a super busy person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I moved before the Challenge started, so unpacking and settling in, plus a new eBook release really added some extra pressure during the Challenge. Congratulations on finishing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...