Monday, February 29, 2016

Writing VS Performing

What a nerve wracking weekend! On top of all the crazy going on daily, my family agreed to participate in a broadway night at church. Now, those of you that really know me, know that my church is my life. It's not just a Sunday thing. I love everything about it. Not only the gospel side, but the people. That's why I agreed to do this--for my friend who organized it.

Now, one thing became abundantly clear to me during this process. Especially the performance part of things.

I'm not a singer. Not in public anyway if I'm on my own. I love to sing in choirs. But in those situations I can blend in and be perfectly happy. Standing alone in front of a crowd is terrifying. If you mess up, you don't get to edit a live performance.

And why is it that our own voices sound different in our heads. I know the physical reasons, but why does it have to be that way?? It sounded so much better in my head than when I listened to it later. Kind of like the scene looks better in my head than the words that make it to the page. LOL

However, in the spirit of sharing (and let's face it, this isn't nearly as embarrassing as the dance I posted a few years ago), here is my contribution to Broadway night.



I'll post the other Bradford family performances as the week goes by.

12 comments:

  1. I think you have a beautiful voice.
    I couldn't stand up and sing in front of others. I don't sound good in my own head, let alone in real life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you don't sound as bad as you think. That's what I'm starting to believe. Anyway, we all have different talents and you have plenty of your own.

      Delete
  2. Love this!!!
    I checked out all your videos on FB. The Hubs was all into them also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Hee hee! Now you've seen my posts for the whole week then. Which was your favorite?

      Delete
  3. You are brave. I have terrible stage fright and could never get up and sing in front of people. I can barely talk to a group of people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always look at the people I know the best because it helps me relax. The funny thing is the nerves hit me the worst AFTER it's all over.

      Delete
  4. You are always way more critical of yourself than others will be. Performing gets easier the more you do it. Good for you for getting up and doing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz! It is good to push through those fears. I'm hoping it will be easier next time.

      Delete
  5. I can do poetry in front of people. Singing would definitely be a group effort. Glad you decided to put yourself out there. Church has a lovely atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! I don't think I could have done it anywhere else. Even though it was scary, I knew these people were hoping the best for me.

      Delete
  6. That's a fun idea--Broadway Night. Bravo for bravery and you sound great! I feel like my own voice is getting weaker and less controllable the older I get. I kept waiting for it to mature....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) We both just need to work our voices more by singing more!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...