Thursday, March 3, 2016

Pretend You're the Only One Listening

Broadway Night recap, day 3.

My husband never fully believes me when I tell him he has an amazing singing voice. Back in our younger, no children days, he used to sing to me all the time. How could I not fall in love with that? Anyway, he was more nervous than me Saturday night. Here's what I learned from his experience.

1. Never try to diminish someone else's fear because you think they are more talented. It's real to them.
2. Sometimes you have to close your eyes and pretend you're the only one listening.

I've never been so proud of my husband. He not only overcame his stage fright, he totally killed the song!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, there's nothing worse that someone telling you your fear isn't real. Or worthy, which is kind of what you're saying when you tell someone they shouldn't be feeling what they're feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, he really has a great voice! I'm impressed with how much your family did for the program that night.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...