Monday, April 4, 2016

#AtoZchallenge C is for Comets

It's A to Z time again! This year I'm blogging about a variety of science related topics. Hope you enjoy!

C is for Comets.
Comet ISON – stardustobservatory.org/images.php?page=details&id=363
I've never seen a comet. That's sad when I think about it. Who knows how many opportunities I've missed because I either 1. didn't hear about it, or 2. don't own a telescope? When my kids are grown and gone I'm buying a nice telescope. We've had some in the past but my kids are miniature cyclones of destruction.



Links for Comets
Space Facts
The Planets
10 Facts

Have you ever seen a comet?

Click on the link to visit other participants in the A to Z Challenge. I'm currently #711

9 comments:

  1. I remember learning about Haley's Comet in grade 8 or 9.
    I have no idea whether I've seen a comet. I've seen a falling star...I think.
    It's not the same thing, is it?
    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen a comet but we had a meteor shower here a few years ago. It was past midnight and my hubby and I were lounging in the chairs in the garden gazing up at the spectacle. It was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw one when I was a young adult. It was through a telescope someone had given me. Unfortunately, I don't have it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even I am waiting for my chance to see a comet :(
    @bhawnasaini_yml from Yellow Mellow Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen a few, but Hailey's was by far the best and I'm so glad I got the opportunity to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so disappointed my area was too overcast to catch Halley's Comet when I was six. I've always vowed to see it when it makes its return in 2061, when I'll be 81. It's a good thing I was very young when it came before, with more than a realistic chance to still be here on its return.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I saw Haley's comet the last time I was around.

    ~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...