Tuesday, April 5, 2016

#AtoZchallenge D is for DNA and Dark Matter

It's A to Z time again! This year I'm blogging about a variety of science related topics. Hope you enjoy!

D is for DNA
It's what makes us...well, us. :) Seriously, playing with genetic codes is the one area I wish I had actually studied instead of elementary education. It's fascinating what one little change in the sequence can do. Plus saying deoxyribonucleic acid is just fun.

This video sparked several "what if" questions that could make for interesting scifi story material!


D is also for Dark Matter.
Seriously, what scifi lover doesn't think about dark matter? It's the equivalent of the romance genres "bad boy" but for science fiction. Mysterious, waiting to be understood and tamed--you know?



Links
DNA facts on your genome
10 Weird facts about DNA
Dark Energy, Dark Matter
What is Dark Matter?

What other things in science can you think of that start with D?

Click on the link to visit other participants in the A to Z Challenge. I'm currently #711

6 comments:

  1. Nice sciencey words, Charity. I've just finished watching Marvel's Agent Carter which was a storyline about dark matter. Scary stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rather freaky to think dark matter is passing through our planet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dark Matter is awesome stuff - in fiction. Cool links, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE SciShow Space and I miss Crash Course Astronomy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I kid you not for a second I thought that picture of dark matter on the still for the youtube video was poop.

    Blog: QueendSheena
    2016 A to Z Participant
    Joy Brigade Minion

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder about dark matter. I worry it's an ad hoc hypothesis. As for other D terms... The brain isn't fully functioning at the moment. I'm sure I'll think of something when I'm off the computer.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...