Saturday, April 9, 2016

#AtoZchallenge H is for Hubble and Higgs

This year it's all about the science!

The Hubble Telescope
I have a deep love for the Hubble telescope. It started it's career while I was in high school, but it wasn't until later that I discovered it's amazing images of space. Seriously, they are gorgeous! Thanks to Hubble, I feel like space is this place filled with wonderful playgrounds waiting to be discovered. Watch this video about it's history, and then spend hours browsing the HubbleSite galleries.


The Higgs Boson
Even the simplest explanation is complicated. What is the Higgs Field really? Right now it's in the same category as black holes. We know they exist, we can see evidence that they are there, we know things about them, but we have not reached a complete understanding of how they work or why. The explorer in me loves there are still unanswered questions out there.


Have you ever followed the Hubble site, anxiously waiting for new images?

Click on the link to visit other participants in the A to Z Challenge. I'm currently #691

3 comments:

  1. You are indeed an explorer Charity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fascinating stuff, Charity. I've not seen the Hubble telescope but have visited the largest one in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still remember the whole Hubble-is-broken saga. I was in college and working at the time, so I didn't have the time to devote to paying attention to it all.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...