Monday, April 11, 2016

#AtoZchallenge I is for Infrared Astronomical Satellite

This year it's all about science!

I is for Infrared Astronomical Satellite
I've always thought that infrared technology was cool. You see it on TV all the time, such as cop/FBI/CIA whatever shows where they look at screens showing the heat signatures of people inside buildings before blasting their way through. My character Talia launched an infrared satellite in her first book. I didn't talk about it much and it's a shame, but the idea was based on posts and videos like these.

Infrared isn't new.

Since then, new infrared satellites have been launched.

And because the first invention is tied to infrared...


What would you use infrared technology to discover?

Click on the link to visit other participants in the A to Z Challenge. I'm currently #691

5 comments:

  1. It's a cool technology and we probably don't use it to its full potential.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my daily science lessons, Charity. So much better than I remember the science lessons in school :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit, I've only seen infrared technology used on ghost hunting shows. Apparently, it's a good way to look for spirits. LOL

    ~Ninja Minion Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is why I love scifi, so many cool inventions waiting to be made...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just this weekend, I saw a Nova episode on the Vikings. A satellite archeologist (I bet you had no idea that was a thing) took images of possible Viking settlements and was able to detect what was below the earth using near infrared technology.

    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/ancient/vikings-unearthed.html

    Infrared--it's not just for looking at stars...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...