Tuesday, April 12, 2016

#AtoZchallenge J is for Jupiter and Joules


This year it's all about science!

Oops! I'm getting behind visiting other blogs. Life has been nuts. Instead of having time in the day to work on my chosen career, writing (which includes my blogging life), I've been full time taxi driver ever since we lost another car. We're down from 4 to 2 until our second house sells. It's exhausting, but at least it gives me an excuse not to substitute teach.  My goal is to at least get around to those of you who have been visiting me this week. Thanks for your comments!

J is for Jupiter--
What can I say? Jupiter is beautiful. Here are some facts to entertain you.


J is also for Joule--
Let's review for a moment. Energy=work. A Joule is a way to measure how much energy was expended in that work. I watched several videos looking for one to share. Maybe it was because I was in a hurry today, but they were all as interesting as watching paint dry. Wonder how many Joules that would take?

Instead, I'll leave you with this song that pops into my head the moment someone says Jupiter.



What's your favorite planet?

Click on the link to visit other participants in the A to Z Challenge. I'm currently #691


9 comments:

  1. You think with joules being about energy, videos about it would be energetic! Get people hyped up. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd think so! For half a second I considered making my own video about Joules, but then I kicked myself right out of it. No time! Although with lots of energetic kids at my disposal we could have had fun with it.

      Delete
  2. You're officially Mom Taxi right now, huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I get 30 minutes here and there in between trips. When I'm lucky I get an hour and a half! That's when I clean house and cook dinner. :)

      Delete
  3. Wow! You need all your energy at the moment. I can feel the power through your posts :)
    My favourite planet is Earth. I like my feet to be held firmly to the ground in reasonable temperature conditions and food and water :) Thanks for a great post. Drive safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes, I remember Joules from physics. Most of the units, really. Fave planet? Never really gave it much thought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jupiter is definitely the prettiest planet
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always been fascinated by the gas giants because their makeup seems so unfathomable! Plus, between Jupiter and Saturn both, they have some amazing moons!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...