Thursday, April 28, 2016

#AtoZchallenge X is for X-shooter


This year it's all about the science!

Well, I might be losing my mind, but I think I'll blame it on blogger. My X post got rewritten as the same W post from yesterday. Took me all day to realize it. So, here's the X post.

X is for X-shooter--
The ESO site is my other favorite place to learn and view all things astronomical. The x-shooter is a contraption added to a telescope to create images with intermediate resolution spectroscopy across a wide wavelength range, from the ultraviolet (UV) to the near-infrared (NIR). It's used to study brown dwarfs, gamma-ray bursts, supernovae, and things dealing with the early Universe. Source

The x-shooter is mentioned around minute 6:15.


Click on the link to visit other participants in the A to Z Challenge. I'm currently #526

2 comments:

  1. So cool to see the other wavelengths. Learn so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. J here, of the #atozchallenge Arlee Bird's A to Z Ambassador Team.
    Have you enjoyed the challenge? Did you hop to other blogs? The end of the alphabet here! Reflections sign up is May 9-- mark a calendar.
    My blog's giveaway is still going. I'm encouraging everyone to visit more stops.
    http://jlennidornerblog.what-are-they.com
    Very cool! It's amazing what's out there, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...