Wednesday, April 6, 2016

IWSG and #AtoZchallenge E is for Einstein



Since I'm participating in the A to Z Challenge, I'll keep my IWSG post short today. Check out the other participants of IWSG here.

There's only one thing bothering me at the moment writing wise--there isn't much writing. It's not because I don't have ideas, I have plenty! However, life is still beating me over the head with thunderclouds and rain.

I guess the good news is I don't feel guilty for not writing. Right now taking care of my family and working with them to reach our goals is more important than my need to write. When things calm down the stories will come again. My characters are simply being kind to me by keeping quiet.

In the meantime, I'm waiting patiently for cover art and ARCs for THE MAGES' DAWN, set to be released by WiDo Publishing this fall. No date as of yet. I'll keep you posted! You can read the first chapter here.


It's A to Z time again! This year I'm blogging about a variety of science related topics. Hope you enjoy!

E is for Einstein
Everyone knows his name. Even toddlers--thanks to Little Einsteins. If you type Albert into Google, Albert Einstein is the first thing that pops up (at least on my computer!) It's amazing to me how one person can affect the entire world with his inquisitive mind. Thanks to him, I knew that when my characters journeyed to a distant world time would pass differently for them than the people they left behind.

Here's a great clip that shows the Theory of Relativity in simple terms. In my mind they could have made it half as long, but you get the idea.

And a few facts about the man himself.



Links--seriously just type him into google. There are tons of documentaries on youtube to fill days of curiosity.

If you had the opportunity to travel to another solar system and back knowing the world you returned to would be completely different, would you?

Click on the link to visit other participants in the A to Z Challenge. I'm currently #711

9 comments:

  1. Family is important, Charity and I'm pleased you are all working together to make life a happy one. Really looking forward to seeing the cover of your new novel.

    I love Einstein and often quote him. I especially adapt one of his quotes to suit me: Failure is just one step further towards success! How cool is that? :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charity, If you have one book at the publishing stage - ARC - you deserve a break from writing! I didn't know all those things about Einstein (some I'd probably prefer not to know.) Enjoy your day.
    Gail’s 2016 April A to Z Challenge
    E is for Eastern European Ancestors
    #IWSG

    ReplyDelete
  3. You covered a lot of ground in this post. Thanks for the links, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting facts about Einstein - especially the part about his brain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As much as I'd like to go, I probably wouldn't.
    Can't wait to see the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to laugh--you say you're not writing but you're doing AtoZ. What a ton of writing that is! Congrats on your soon-to-be published book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know if I'd travel to another solar system. It would depend on why I was going.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's great that you prioritize the needs of your family over your needs of writing, and best of all, you don't feel guilty over that. Being a parent is a very important job, which requires sacrifice. We try to have it all, but often times we can't. Doesn't mean we don't try, but we have to remember which things we must focus on the most and which things to let fall by the wayside (for now) when things don't come together.

    Kudos to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's nice of your characters. I wish mine would be that thoughtful. They're usually bugging me about writing when I have life stuff to deal with. =\

    ~Ninja Minion Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...