Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Release of Until Summer Ends by Elana Johnson

Today I have an interview with Elana Johnson in honor of her newest release, Until Summer Ends.

Read my review of Until Summer Ends.

What is your favorite color?
Pink! I have a pink phone case, a pink Kindle case, a pink iPod… Pink, pink, pink!

Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
I’m not that skilled at establishing worlds. I have to work really hard at it. Writing romance is a bit easier, because it’s a contemporary world and the “rules” are mostly established already. No magic systems, no technology to invent, etc. I still write those novels, they just take a lot more time, energy, and they’re challenging for me.

Do you have any advice for other writers?
My best advice is to write what you love. Don’t worry about writing everyday—make writing fit into your life. You’ll be happier, and your writing will reflect that.

Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
I love my romance readers! They are so kind and encouraging. I hope this romance, while not inspirational, is still in line with what they like to read. I was told that there wasn’t much room for a hero like Mont—that actors weren’t very popular in romance right now—and I hope that my readers will love him as much as I do.

Do you write an outline before you write?
Yes! I use Jami Gold’s romance beat sheet. It has saved me many times by helping me identify the key points that should be in a romance (which is different for a fantasy!) and where they should happen. That helps my pacing, my plotting, my character-building.

How did you come up with the title?
I had titled the book Summer’s Almost Over, but the apostrophe was freaking me out! LOL. I brainstormed some other titles and came up with UNTIL SUMMER ENDS.

What has been the best compliment?
I gave this book – which isn’t inspirational – to my inspirational reviewers, and they liked it! I was thrilled. UNTIL SUMMER ENDS is a clean romance. There’s no swearing, and one fade-to-black love scene. I was worried my readers wouldn’t cross over, but they did. #yay

How did you come up with your pen name?
I chose Liz Isaacson for my inspirational romances, because it’s a combination of my daughter’s name and my son’s name. Eliza and Isaac = Liz Isaacson.

Please fill in the blank: Keep Calm and _____EAT BACON!____________ (I knew the answer to this one!)


About Elana Johnson: 

Elana's work includes the young adult dystopian romance seriesPossession, Surrender, Abandon, and Regret, published by Simon Pulse (Simon & Schuster). Her popular ebook, From the Query to the Call, is also available, as well as a young adult dystopian short story in the Possession world, Resist.

Her newest release is the beginning of a new adult fantasy series. ECHOES OF SILENCE came out with Amazon Publishing on May 3, 2016. See all of her books here.

Elana also writes inspirational western romances under the pen name Liz Isaacson. Check out all 5 books in the Amazon #1 Bestselling Three Rivers Ranch Romance series, and get ready for the rest of the series by the end of 2016.

Find her online:

Blog
Website
Facebook
Twitter
Goodreads
Join her romance-only newsletter: (get a free novella when you do!)


About UNTIL SUMMER ENDS: 

Sophie Newton is determined to prove herself to her father, who insists she could never run a successful business. She opens a beachside taco stand called The Sandy Tortilla and plans to make her own way, one burrito at a time.

When she loses her summer help, Sophie rushes to find somebody to help take orders. She finds that somebody in Montgomery Winters, a struggling actor from LA. Mont takes the job; the money's useful, though he finds that his curvy boss is what really keeps him around.

As Sophie and Mont work together, they discover an intense attraction between them. But when Mont's agent calls him about a career-making audition, he decides he must pursue the opportunity, even though he can't get Sophie out of his head. Now, Sophie must choose between chasing after the man she's falling in love with and the business she's fought so hard to build.

Buy Links:

Amazon
B&N
Kobo
iTunes
Goodreads

Paperback comes out on May 9, 2017.

Giveaway for the blog tour: 

Go to this website to enter to win a Kindle Paperwhite.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Elana!
    No surprise your answer is bacon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I know, right? I need to eat some today! Mmmm.

      Delete
  2. Congrats, Elana! I think it's great that your readers crossed over for you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...